I am leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add that those who cause the problems are an exception to the general forum membership.

Most of the members are decent and nonconfrontational and not rude but the ones who are are the ones who tend to stick out the most and bring down the rest.

I just read through this whole mess, the original post and now this one. I must ay, as a teacher of high school students I agree with both sides of the situation. Anyone who knows kids knows if you needlessly provoke them they will defend themselves. Furthermore, as adults we need to remember that "children's" social skills are not developed completely, hence what is supposed to separate them from us "adults". With that in mind people need to realise that not everything that comes out of a kid's mouth, or is typed, can be taken as offensive in the immediate sense. You just have to have perspective on it. If I got all blithered over everylittle persnickety thing one of my students fired back at me when I corrected or educated him or her about something I would have to just return my teaching license. I'm not saying that kids don't act like idiots, they do, but so do adults. Sheesh, some of the teachers that I work with are worse than the kids in my classes.

Unfortunately there is no winner here, all losers. All of us. And although I don't play the blame game, i really think the problems lies in the fact that the original thread was permitted to go so completely off topic without being put in check. And that, in fact, lies at the fault of the admins and Moderators. Don't agree, that's fine it's your opinion...but, to borrow from another classroom analogy, if I allowed the little skirmishes in my classroom to go unchecked they would develop into bigger issues. It happens, it has happened (columbine as an EXTREME example). It should have been ended when the first member wrote in requesting an end to the thread. But, in a perfect world.

Leanne, I am sorry to see you go. Maybe it wasn't right for you to rehash a topic but you did have a valid point. I too have been offended by people for the way they post or the comments they make and have often wondered why threads are permitted to go awry.

Kids (dwarf and silva I think) I sympathise with you becuase you were wronged as well. The adults should have pointed out your misgivings and helped you to lay your issues to rest rather than attack you and let it get out of hand. Albeit that there are some things that should be "known" but how can you be expected to learn unless you try and make mistakes.

Okay, off my soapbox now and awaiting the attacks. :S

I don't understand why people get mad at kids for acting like kids.

Hey you bear! Stop acting like a bear! How dare you act like a bear? what do you think you are, a bear or something?!?!?!

:stupid:

thats a good way to put it! lol...and a nice and "friendly" way to put it. god forbid some sensitive person be offended by that.

All threads like THIS do is re-hash issues that were pretty much resolved and brings it to the attention of WAY more people than otherwise would have ever noticed it :dunno:

I'm 14 too!

I only recall posting a little angry post once. I always try to keep my posts short, no rambling, just to the point. Unfortunately, i agree with kitties that it may have been partly the mods and admins fault for letting that thread go so far out of topic. Hopefully this can be avoided in the future.

Steppy, i agree. Good riddance!
P.T.

Thats what i dont understand, alot of us were telling Silva not to do somthing but he went ahead and did it, not calling him names as such or bad mouthing them, just trying to tell them not to do it, never once did we call them litle idiots or anything or did we bag them as much as leanne did, she did attack them and she did bring up an old post to bash them.

PS: The only time when the mods were going to shut it down was when leanne started to post, what does that tell us? it never got out of hand....

Hummm............

Some of our finest members on this forum are what some of you might refer to as "kids." It never fails to amaze me how knowledgeable they are about the hobby and how pleasant it is to post with them. :thumbs:

But not all of them start out that way. Sometimes it just takes awhile for them to adjust to things; to learn something about the hobby and to learn how to act as and adult among equals. It's a wonderful thing to watch as one of these younger members grows and matures right before your eyes. :flex: And the surprising thing is that actual age makes little difference.

While I was reading this thread, I noticed some of these members. A couple of them I know joined the forum quite mature for their age. Another has changed immensely over the last six months or so. You would hardly recognize him if you read his earlier posts. Yet another, I didn't even know his age; I thought he was an adult all along. :clap:

And of the others, I'll say that they all are, or have great potential for becoming good members, good fishkeepers and good writers too.

Why don't we all be a little more gentle with each other and look for the good, not the bad? A helping hand to those who need it will do a lot more than a cross word will toward making the forum a friendly and worthwhile place to be. :thumbs: :D

see ya lady... go grace some other lucky forum with your extremely constructive posts... :whistle: (sarcastic smilie)

Auratus said:

Hey you bear! Stop acting like a bear! How dare you act like a bear? what do you think you are, a bear or something?!?!?!

Ha, this is completely OFF TOPIC but your comment makes me laugh (and i agree with you 1000%). In New Jersey they do just that, get mad a t bears for being bears and then go pass laws to shoot them when we move into their territory and they bite and attack, and now they're gonna do it with coyotes. sorry for the off topic, but it jogged my mind. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kitties1 said:
Auratus said:

Ha, this is completely OFF TOPIC but your comment makes me laugh (and i agree with you 1000%). In New Jersey they do just that, get mad a t bears for being bears and then go pass laws to shoot them when we move into their territory and they bite and attack, and now they're gonna do it with coyotes. sorry for the off topic, but it jogged my mind. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
the human race never ceases to amaze me :rolleyes:

I agree with you. Some people are very blunt and disrespectful. But I'm addicted to this forum. Unless someone were to really piss me off, I wouldn't leave. I'm just sorry that mean people have to ruin things. I don't care how old you are, whether you're 13 0r 40, be nice for goodness sake. Nobody's insulting anybody's mama on here so I don't see any reason why anyone needs to be rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back