How Have You Raised Money?

I tried on some really nice clothes in a shop last week, and thought "Ooh yes - I'll get these.....hang on, that's X new fish......." and put them back on the rack :lol:

There are several ways I get money. I get a set amount each week for groceries and whats left over I keep. I figure what the hubby don't know won't hurt him. I also save aluminum. I have several neighbors that throw big yard parties when the weather is warm enough They save their cans for me so they won't have to go to the dump, My hubby works construction and I make several trips to where he is and confiscate all the copper wire he gets during demo work or get him to bring it home for me. Usually end up with a decent amount each month. I also do emergency babysitting here when a child is sick and can't go to daycare or school and the parents have to work.

:lol: I work at my LFS 3 days a week, one of my managers gives me any returned tanks for free ^^ and I get 15% off all my purchases :lol: only problem is our selction of fish suck usually :( damn I gotta get a job at Big Als lol

I have bought and sold a couple of tanks.......nothing drastic.....but it keeps me in fish food and bits and bobs.

What I did was advertised in my local paper for tanks and equipment wanted. I had lots of calls, most people valued their bits a bit too highly. A couple didn't and I got a couple of tanks and fish that I sold either via ebay or to an lfs.

The current project is the coffee table fish tank which I bought in pretty poor condition that I am doing up to sell for a few extra pounds (hopefully).

Got my little sprogs bustin' their little rumps bob-a-jobbin'.

Not much they can do though, they are only 4 1/2 and 3, but every little helps.

when i bought my new fluval tank it was £140

i was given a small tank and decided i wanted a bigger one so i just went out and had a look the same day found the fluval and bought it

now im looking at the fluval 1000 £280 i will probably just go and buy that one also when i get this tank sorted as im wanting bigger for a pair of breeding chiclids or a few pair

Me and the wife both work and earn good money so we/i spend what we want, once our mortgage and bills are paid for :good:

Got my little sprogs bustin' their little rumps bob-a-jobbin'.

Not much they can do though, they are only 4 1/2 and 3, but every little helps.

:blink: Huh? Could you translate that into American English? :blush:

Since I'm still in school I have to rely on my parents on my tanks :angry: And that's the reason I only have a 10 gal + 2 betta tanks.
I do plan garage sales and stuff like that though. Get some money but my parents insist they won't let me spend it on another tank because it'll just be a waste of money. When I get enough money I'll be able to set up a 20 gallon :hyper:

Im startign working at me LFS when i get back form school trip to Sorrento,where ill do a few days in the week(at half term) and in weekends(half term and while at school :good:). SO ill be getting money and discount!!!!! :hyper:
Im starting doing that excess change thing...1p,2p,5p,10p,20p and 50 ps will be going in there :p! Cant wait to start woring at the LFS :yahoo:

Most reactions

Back