How Have You Raised Money?

@dthoffsett
LOL

"Got my little sprogs bustin' their little rumps bob-a-jobbin'.
Not much they can do though, they are only 4 1/2 and 3, but every little helps."

Huh? Could you translate that into American English?

OK, 'dude' American English for ya'

Got my little sprogs (kids) bustin' their little rumps (i.e. set them to work - actually an Americanism borrowed from the film 'Uncle Buck' starring the late, great John Candy) bob-a-jobbin':

'Bob-a-job' is something one does in Cubs or Boy Scouts - you go 'out there' into 'da' hood', when you're a 'kid' and ask people if you can do a simple job suitable for a 'kid' such as mow the lawn (badly) or wash the car (badly) in return for which you get paid a 'bob' or 5 (old) pence. Hence the term 'Bob-a-job mister', to which the usual reply is: 'No. Sod off' (a polite term used by English adults to ask 'sprogs' to 'go away').

Clear mate? Sorry 'dude'

Andy

I get paid a huge ammount of cash for browsing the forum keeping an eye on you lot and occasionally answering some posts.

I get paid a huge ammount of cash for browsing the forum keeping an eye on you lot and occasionally answering some posts.

:lol:

I work hard to earn a massive load of bonus from work. Plus, I save by not blowing my money on booze, cigarettes, or any other vices.

Most reactions

Back