Has Anyone Bred Otos?

when they hatch they will be well cute
if you got comunitie fish then ur babys will be
shy they might not come out till 1 week - 2 months.
trust me i know what it is like :nod:

Well, the fry from our first spawn are almost 6 months old, and I have seen them for the first time this morning spawning!! They are definitely the fry. Their moms are a lot bigger in the bellies and this little female isn't too eggy yet. I haven't collected eggs, they're spawning out of reach. Plus, probably brother and sister.

But at least I know what age they are able to breed at. Seems very similar to some of the cories.

:D

A fantastic read Carmen.. so Corys isn't your only speciality eh..? :rolleyes: As you know I'm not far from you here in Newark Nottinghamshire.. so if you ever get enough young oto's then drop me a PM, I would be delighted to buy a few from you. It seems whenever I buy them from my LFS, they are so weak and die within the first few months.. would be nice to get hold of a few offspring from a healthy spawning pair. :)

What a great thread! They look adorable and you should be proud!(i know you are!) :good:
You seem to be doing a fine job, rescueing all those babies, and helping them along their way to become stunning, healthy adults! Great stuff!!! :good: :drool:

sorry i think i missed the post on how to tell which is male and which is female?

Hi Zenn

On page 3, there is a close up pic of one of my females. They are a bit bigger, with noticeably large bellies. The males are smaller, slimmer. I thought I had a pic of a male in this thread, but only on the first page during the spawn. Will have to dig one up and add it.

;)

If you could get me a pic of a male it would be great, guess i will have to rename jimmy then as he appears to be a she insted XD

I am trying to get some pictures of my babies, however the blady little blighters wont stay still long enough for me to get a picture

I found this pic of my otto's eating a blanched dandelion leaf. On the leaf, you can see one of my eggy females, and on the front of the glass is one of the males.

Picture714.jpg

They're such nutters.

:hyper:

how thy getting on now? just read it all :) they look well wicked more piccys plz :shifty:

They're all doing well. We've recently moved and they all survived the trip. I only see them when it's lights out though, so pics are a bit difficult to get. They all seem very healthy and females look nice and round again. Some more babies would be nice.

;)

Most reactions

Back