Harrys Juwel Rio 125 Marine Tank

I watched it twice :good:

so you have correctly identified the aiptaisia, although one of them might be a mojano - google images and take a look. I'm thinking the one that is close to the lovely feather duster.

As for the crab, its so difficult without being able to see its claws etc.

Seffie x

ps liking it a lot :good:

more pictures :D and lots on a snail/slugy thing. my tests have stade the same as my first test.
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
ph 8.1-8.2
nitrate 10

2010_01050008.jpg

2010_01050009.jpg

2010_01050010.jpg

2010_01050011.jpg

2010_01050012.jpg

2010_01050013.jpg

2010_01050014.jpg

i dont think it is a mojano. im not going to add any more live rock untill i set up the sump/refugem. but the live rock will be put in a bucket or a tub of some sort to cycle it.

Stomatella I think. Seffie ID'd the one I had in my tank and it looks identical. Slug with a shell like carapace.

ok thanks every one. i know there are 2 crabs one white and pale the other brown and i think it is a bad one.
i have a few pictures of the brown one. the only reason i dont hav a pic of the pale one is because its in a hole in the rock
my camera is playing up on the laptop and photo bucket isnt working at the moment so i will post the pics tomoz. yer that aptasia smells bad but i did it out side so it want that bad. :sick:

i now hav pics of the pale crab

2010_0105crabs0021.jpg
pale crab
i could only get this picture to upload on photobucket for some reason. :huh:

i know i could be wrong but to me it looks like a young porcelain crab

the stripes on the legs

the paleness

and the large claws

look
http://www.marlin.ac.uk/imgs/o_pislon.jpg

Could be, does it have little appendages on his claws that look like filter feeders?

Seffie x

nice.....what is it lol i know you dont know :lol: pretty cool though! if he is a safe....well im not sure what to call him so we will go with "crab" anyway will you keep him?

its hard to tell but i think it has little appendages on his claws because of the video. the other crab has normal claws. is it reef safe?

its hard to tell but i think it has little appendages on his claws because of the video. the other crab has normal claws. is it reef safe?

If he has the little appendages then yes he is safe, he is a filter feeder but will take meaty stuff as well :good:

Seffie x

ok i have a question on the nitrite test kit (salifert)it says when the aquarium is cycled you need to use it on a higher sensitivity. so insted of looking through the top you look through the side. so when i look through the top it said 0 but when i look through the side it said 2. and i havnt had any thing high yet so should i say it is cycled and i should be testing with higher sensitivity? it has been a week. is it posible to have so much flow and very good live rock that there wasnt a cycle? because the rock was in the tank full of corals and shrimp for over 4 months. when i was ready to take it home they put it in 2 bags because they ran out of poly boxs. and when i opened the bag it was full of water at the bottom and the rock was very wet at the top because of the bag and the car journy was bumby.

ok thanks i have just done tests and the ammonia was always clowdy but not yellow just white but not clear. dones that mean that there is no ammonia or there is a tiny bit in ther but its been like that all week.

Most reactions

Back