George's Journal

I wish i could send you guys plants from here, the most common moss we have here has similar properties to xmas moss, it creeps low and sticks to the surface, forming branches as it grows... and it costs super cheap something like .20 UK pounds for a bag full of it !

Ken we must formulate a cunning plan :D

Old tablet container filled with Moss and a bit of water - taped up nice and tight and a deposit to your paypal account to cover postage?

Go on you know you want to :)

Just don't flip the pic upside down my head wont take it this time of morning :D

Hey George... off topic here, but I was just wondering how that baby girl of yours is doing? She's got to be almost a year old now.

looking good ! but is it just me or its a bit lacking on the leftmost side ? :) your glosso carpets are always really nice george

*spot the orange platy ! hehe

Looks lovely George. But I'm not entirely convinced by the red (red lotus lilly type ?) plant on the left had side ? :look: (hope you don't mind me saying so).

I really like the moss-coverd wood though :thumbs:

looking good ! but is it just me or its a bit lacking on the leftmost side ? :) your glosso carpets are always really nice george

*spot the orange platy ! hehe
Thanks.

It's not just you, it is a little empty on the left, although my camera doesn't pick out the mass of sag to the left of the fern very well. It looks more balanced in the flesh.

To be honest I'm really bored of this layout now. There's no point in me starting anything new though as I'm away from home for 4 months soon. I'm already excited about my return as I intend to start a new layout from scratch. Something a little bolder with some demanding stems as well as plenty of narrow fern and mosses. I want to try out HC instead of glosso and some finer leaved carpeting plants i.e. hairgrass. The hardest part will be finding the new hardscape but I'm hopeful that oldwhitewood's source will provide. I'm also tempted to go for a new substrate.

Jimbooo - you're welcome to the fern if it's still ok upon my return.

You did prune the fern, right GF, because I really don't see much of a difference, unless it's done some growing. Ooooo, new layout, I will stay tuned.

Looks lovely George. But I'm not entirely convinced by the red (red lotus lilly type ?) plant on the left had side ? :look: (hope you don't mind me saying so).

I really like the moss-coverd wood though :thumbs:
How dare you critisise my beautiful lily!! :lol:

Only kidding, I'm glad you've said so actually, I agree that it does look a little odd. As I mentioned earlier in this journal, it's more an experiment. I intend letting it grow anyway, I'm not too fussed about 'perfect' composition any longer. I've resigned to the fact that I won't get the tank looking as good as it has done for contest photographing so I'm just having fun! ;)

In other words it's just an excuse for being lazy and not bothering too much. I can always rest assured that at least my fish and plants are very healthy.

Roll on August when I can tear it all apart!!

Nice use of the "sandwich" BTW ;) (private joke)

:hyper: i'll happily rehome it mate. as said previously we'll do a swap if there's anything you fancy in my tanks.

i know what you mean about the layout, it's okay. does the job and more than healthy. a bit like my record 60. i cant quite decide where to go with it.

i actually like the lilly. i'd leave it be, it'll look better when it grows out a bit, you can then plan around it. they do take ages to establish. my cube lilly is just getting really nice now, 2 months along.

Nice and healthy looking George, a new challange will be good for you, the lotus will look better when it grows a bit more, but comparing the old layout as posted in a different thread earlier today and this one, the old setup is tons better, but yes hard to get motivated if you are going away for 4 months.

Most reactions

Back