Funny Fish Facts

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England, but only in tropical fish stores

Ok I am now moving to Liverpool, :blink: :hyper: :lol: so........... any of you people in Liverpool ever seen this?

Octopus' have a "brain" in each tentacle (leg?). They're not very clever brains though!!

Turtles move very slowly on land, but in the water the Pacific leatherback turtle is the fastest reptile of all. It is more streamlined than other turtles and can swim at 35 km/hr. :hey:

Thats the same with pike...but the other way round. When they get to 10lbs, they turn female. How scary would that be!? :crazy: Suddenly when you get so heavy, 'it' goes away! AAAAAAAAAH!!! thank god im not a pike!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

When referring to mulitble fish you still say "fish" not "fish's" :lol:

Actually, if you are referring to a number of fish of the same species then it is fish: as in "the tuna formed a school to aid the fish in surviving predation", but if you are referring to more than one species it is fishes: "the tetras and the corydoras swam together in such a way it appeared the two fishes were shoaling".

a jelly fish has no brain or heart. and actually octoppusses are intelligent..thay can open jars...well by intelligent i mean for a fish thing/mollusk...

I think the other person was saying the brains in the tentacles aren't that smart.

Oh man I should have started keeping fish years ago, then my SATs would have been better.

Unlike other relaxation techniques,
attending to a fish tank is a spontaneously
initiated activity. The brain is programmed
to attend to water and the movement of fish,
therefore no training or practice is necessary
to experience stress reduction.
:thumbs:

uglyskate.jpg
What kind of fish is this?

Students who are fish owners
score the highest on both
math and verbal SATs,
with a combined score
200 points higher
than non-pet owners.
Thank God!
And I was concerned about being challenged!! :sly:

;)

Certain underwater and land snails can sleep for 3 years... Yawn

That's nothing, I could do that if only my work would stop calling to ask where I was.

octoppusses are intelligent..thay can open jars...well by intelligent i mean for a fish thing/mollusk...

"a fish thing" lol
See, we don't need men at all really, just buy an octopus and keep it around.

the horseshoe crab has blue copper based blood. In certain parts of the world they are collected by the hundreds and placed in bleeding stations where a portion of their blood is collected from their "tail" joint. this blood is used in medications. The horseshoe crabs are then re released to the oceas (how nice!)

Most reactions

Back