From The Ashes. Another Planted Journal

I'm sorry you don't like this scape, I think it's got a lot of potential, you just need more of everything!

:fun: If the Alternanthera reineckii had been good qiuality it would have really taken the spotlight and disguised the other problems, until I can slowly build up the plant volume. It was going in the middle of the wood, off center.. *sigh* I am looking for some more, but I'm not finding it anywhere.

Sorry bud, but if you can resist it, don't do a full rescape just yet, I can really picture your angels swimming around in there!

I won't. I was just whining. Nothing makes me madder then money down the drain.

Bacopa Australis!! :yahoo: Perhaps the key to some of my issues with the scape. I can grow it in front of the swords and chop it short so it will get bushy a low growing. the bonus is that I like the look of bacopa anyway. This variety is S. American from 3 sources on plants.

I also ordered some more Alternanthera Reineckii from a different company and hopefully better one. It was hard to find somewhere to buy some. There are not many plant stores online. Not like the ones in the UK anyway.

Now I plan to remove a few of the stripped swords, I feel like they need a chance to fill in because then someone would certainly be able to make use of them right?

Is it worth it to send them out now? :dunno:

I have now spent my budget :byebye: So here's hoping all goes well. Till August! :p

I got my last plant shipment today. Man, they HOOKED ME UP!!!

I had called them and asked for a replacement plant instead of the aponogeton crispus {which I really wanted but have no where to put it right now.}

They sent me 3 different red plants in its place plus a nice free bundle of Rotala Rotundifolia. :hyper: Seriously!

My big problem now is that the red plants aren't technically S. American. I am feeling so limited by the biotope that I planted them anyway. Rules are meant to be broken. Two of them are N. American Ludwigia varieties so it's close enough :grr:

I'm still not super impressed with my planting in this tank, but I am going to let it mature and see what happens. I am learning a lot about plant placement and have no problem making a few mistakes to find a lovely layout. Pics in a few days. Everything is bent and frazzled from the shipping.

good.gif
w00t.gif
drool.gif
biggrin.gif

Biulu!! Where ya been? That's great about your angels, I knew you were hoping they would pair.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Oh congratulations!!! lol Hope your other half loves fishies. :) That's wonderful news.

Well, I missed you around here. You always have a great perspective.

Thank you! The other half does like fish but not too many, and the tanks need to be well maintained which is actually a good incentive.

I will still be on and off for this week before I will be back fully. In the meantime planning on some changes :hyper:

Jeeezo! What a beaut!!! :drool:

My goodness, you sure you're not going to keep him when you move?

I'm keeping him all right. Took a few minutes to change my mind lol :wub: :wub: :wub: He's an evil little "poop" too. He flares at me, the plants, the glass, the food. He flared at a pea yesterday before he ate it.

I don't know if I'll be able to add tankmates with him. We'll see.

Most reactions

Back