8 kuhli loaches (46g)

2 Bolivian Rams {75g}
2 assassin snails
18 Rummynose tetras {75g}

From Angels plus, I ordered:
6 Peruvian / Manacapuru Wild cross Angelfish {pretty!}
1 Red Bristlenose plec
2 brown Bn's

That's it for a few months and then I'll get some espeis for the 46g and some cories for the 75g.

I'm leaving it at that. I'm staying moderately stocked because I have to move with these fish in Nov/Dec.

019io.jpg

Ugly bacopa. That better be it's emersed form.

I'm also getting a few more of the guppies because I want a 1:2 male:female ratio. I've got 2 males and 1 female I'm pretty sure.

Well, if I am able to sex them and have more females then males, I'll send you one. I only wanted 3 guppies.

Hmm. That could be a different type of bacopa...or am i losing it? (not that the two are mutually exclusive)

I'd be glad to take it, but I think it'd be more cost effective just to buy it from bobs since I'll need 3 more females anyways, so I'd still need 2 more anyways so the shipping wouldn't be worth it. Thanks for the offer though.

:angry: Both were labeled Bacopa caroliniana. It looks different to me too, and ugly. grrr.

Mhm, there's at least three kinds i can think of, im tempted to look but as i'm on this stoopid ipad....i'll leave it to you hehe

The new one is Bacopa caroliniana, but the one I had already was labeled Lemon Bacopa on the tag which IS Bacopa caroliniana It even smells lemony, where the new one didn't. I'll see how it grows.

Looks like the emmersed growth that mine came with.Though i thought mine was a B.Monneri .Might be wrong.Usually am.

:sly: I don't care as much for B. Monneri. I hope its just baked Caroliniana emersed stems. It WAS 103 degrees with the index yesterday, and the package was on the truck the whole day. I still won't order from that company again. $ inches of stem isn't worth the cost plus shipping.

My mailman is super nice and he promised to bring my other boxes this week, straight to the house. I'm starting major water changes today to get the tanks ready for fish.

I cheated and ordered the angelfish early instead of waiting. I couldn't help it. I wanted the bristlenoses now.

:lol: I thought that'd happen! Those red bn look so cool!!!! I want one but the minimum order is $25 :angry:

Shipping is very expensive with them, they only guarantee 2nd day and priority if it reaches you on the second day and if you pick it up at the ups or post office. Only you have to find a ups customer center...mine is about 38 mins away.

I have to be there right before 8:30 am and wait for the truck to get there with my box. Then I have to convince them to give it to me because they don't open till 4:30 pm :blink: :crazy: It's a lot of effort on my part after paying over $40 for shipping.

$40 for shipping priority mail?!?!?! That's pretty high! I wonder why it's so much. A priority large flat rate box is only like $20 and you could fit a lot in there!

No it was $40 for 2nd day. Priority would have taken 3 days from NY

They don't guarentee anything if it takes more then 2 days and if you don't pick up the package at the location, unless you do the overnight which was $85

Their quality and QT procedures are worth it.

Ok. I have my angels coming Friday morning. My big problem right now is I HATE this tank. I don't even like looking at at. I need to fix the planting now before eveerything roots, and before the angels are in. I'll end up stressing them to death with my fiddling. Here;s the plants that I have...

2 Amazon Swords
1 smaller amzon sword.
1 small Echinodorus osiris
1 small Echinodorus ozelot "red"
---->all stripped and will grow bigger.
Vallis
Dwarf Sag {I like it}
Mayaca fluviatilis {I like it}
Alternanthera reineckii {completely melted and may be beyond hope)

Coming in the mail soon:
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Hygrophila Kompakt
Cabomba pulcherrima

I need to figure out what to get rid of, what to plant where today and get it done before tomorrow afternoon.

003ewt.jpg

Most reactions

Back