From The Ashes. Another Planted Journal

:-( We have decided that the cories are not a good idea right now. I'm pretty sad over it. The shipping alone was $100 or more. Most of coryologist auctions end at extremely high prices. I wasn't going to have to bid on them, but I was assuming that I would be spending about $300 on them or more even total.

That's a little too much to spend on 6 fish. Not until I have had some better luck and can not be so freaked out. I am going to order a group of rummynoses, my angelfish, BN's, albino cories, and bolivians this week.

Then in a few weeks Ill get all of my espeis. Not sure what fish I am putting in the 46g. Maybe a betta.

Don't worry about the Corries.
Rummys + Espei's.Doesn't get much better than that
laugh.gif

:lol: espeis are going in my other tank. Just a big group of rummynoses here. One cool thing, I am getting a red Bn!! :hyper: And 2 browns.

Man of Fish, when you ordered from Bob's did you do the priority shipping, or express? I am just wondering if I'll be safe with the priority. I am going to pick up the box at the post office so it won't go out on a mail truck in tx heat.

I ordered priority. His packing was so good they were shipped Monday and I received them Wednesday night and the ice was still cold, but wrapped in newspaper and all bags were nice and full of air.

:good: Thanks. I'll get more fish that way. Are the guppies nice?

I feel better now about the Cory situation. They turned out not to be C. Sychri so He didn't even buy them.

:good: Thanks. I'll get more fish that way. Are the guppies nice?

They're great! :eek: I just remembered I forgot to post pics on here! I better go grab a few! I predicted they're about 2 months old now.

[
Plant order #1 arrived today. I am pleased AND angry.

The Alternanthera reineckii/roseafolia Was looking rough. It'S 103 degrees outside so that didn't help. I planted it and it should perk up.

The Mayaca fluviatilis is nice to look at and the store wasn't stingy at all. They sent a huge bunch of it. Plus 5 vallis plants for the price of 1.

I am angry however because the Egeria they sent for my 46g were only 4 inch stems and they were brown!! Then the kicker was the bacopa. It was the ugliest bacopa I have ever seen. I'm going to get a picture just to show the difference between theirs and mine. It's insane. It had better have new pretty growth. AND FAST.

I don't think I like my planting on this tank. I am determined not to mess with it yet though.

Thats in the 2nd order. I don't even have a tracking number on that yet, which is annoying me.

I voted for your other tank in totm. I loved it since I'd seen it progress.

I assume you just ordered you corys and bolivians because they say out of stock onbobs tropical plants website.

Most reactions

Back