From The Ashes. Another Planted Journal

Zod is a "flarer" but has never shown any agression to his tankmates, he'll give them the occasional flare but never follows it up with anything lol. If you were to add tankmates, I, to be safe, would remove him for a little while do a bit of a rescape, add the new fish, let em settle a bit then put him back in. Then his territory has been changed and they will have been there first.

haha! Go figure, I got him at Petsmart. First time I have seen Halfmoons there, especially as lovely as him. The others were no where near this pretty, as if he got smuggled in. :lol:

Alrighty dudes. Here's the deal.... I am about fed up with the hardscape. It does not lend well to a S. Americna biotope. I'm working with swords and cabomba and dwarf sag. {and the others} AN asian scape would have worked PERFECTLY. This scape screams for java ferns. And rotala. There wasn't many plant options that I could get a hold of for this biotope and it is really leaving me annoyed.

TO make is worse, my little BN's are pests and are digging under the wood, because all of the plants are in such a small area, that means they are uprooting everything. I don't mind the BN's, I DO mind the setup as a whole.

I think I need to find something similar to my first hardscape and do an "island" type with the swords in the center. It would make my Angels more comfortable as well, they stay mainly in the dense plants, and if I loosen things up and spread them out a little I think they would travel more of the tank.

Now it's really hard to get the wood buried in sand well and I am thinking I should remove the angels and BN's to do it. Think it will be more stressful to remove them to a bucket, or leaving them in?

Ps. I love my Angels. :wub: :wub:

*sigh* My hubby wants me to wait until we move. But thats forever from now!!

na, if you don't like it you can't wait til then man, that's just cruel and unusual.

Do it while he's not looking. Here's what you do:
1. Order the plants without telling
2. When they arrive hide them really fast before he sees
3. Send him out on a ton of errands for you
4. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: it'll work :D

Oh, I guess that wasn't clear. I am keeping the biotope. It's always better for the fish. I just don't think my hardscape is lending to the plants I have currently, and as I am on a strict budget, it is easier to move to wood around, then to buy plants that will fit the biotope and scape. :)

It's going to happen. I did my water change today ad the front piece of wood is almost completely dug out of the sand. I didn't realize the Bristlenoses would dig so much.

Anyway, not soon cause I'm feeling lazy, but at some point I'm going to move the wood around.

THe good news is that after I move I can have a play and come up with something awesome, maybe a root system and open top with lots of plants on a shelf above the tank.

:lol: I'm keeping an eye out for a 30gallon right now for an aquascaping tank. That's where I would do the Oomigoomi. :lol:

Most reactions

Back