From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

I envy your tank! It's looking fantastic and those corys must have thought it was almost awesome :p

Where is the mess?! :lol: This tank looks so clean.... If you look in the last pictures you can see that the cories do have some laser color on them; you see the orange tinge?

Oh, I love hengelis! I got myself another 8 juveniles here in Mexico and I can't wait to add them to the 3 I have already...

Oto's do fine a mature setup. If your tank has diatoms then they will have a nice source of food for them to live off.

The round balls look to be some kind of planted substrate... Like the type that Ian uses i believe. :good:

Great pics btw, you just need shed load more plants. :D

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone :) and minnnt, I know! They are going to have to wait though :p I am considering pinching bits off of the wisteria and planting them elsewhere along the back though.

But - it's confession time...I was a little bit naughty yesterday...

I decided to head down to Maidenhead and see if they had any otos in stock, sadly they didn't. They did, however, have some gorgeous, tiny (just under 3cm/1.5" I think) baby bristlenose plecs. I was overcome with the cuteness and got two :crazy:

Annnd my husband showed a rare interest in fish and said I should go ahead and get some cardinals and well I had to take advantage of this rare and strange oppurtunity (far be it for me to discorage him!) and got 6! Everyone was put in the tank at about 5pm yesterday and so far so good! The cardinals seem happy and the BNs are very outgoing and have been happily grazing from the moment they went in the tank. I'm new to BNs but I don't think these guys are the bog-standard variety, they both have white edges on their fins and in the pictures I can find on 'tinternet only the snowball plecos seem to have that. Let me know what you think!

The is the best pic I could get of the cardinals lol
DSCF3360.jpg

BN 1
DSCF3418.jpg

DSCF3403.jpg

BN 2 (is slightly bigger with a different spot pattern and not as outgoing as the littler one)
DSCF3438.jpg

DSCF3436.jpg

This is the best I could do on the cards - I quckly lost patience with a kitten climbing my leg :grr:
DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3423.jpg

I've also decided that I'm not going to keep the green lasers long term. Well at least I'm nearly decided on that. They were very much an impulse buy for me and I've had my stocking plan in my head for so long that I've not really been able to accept the change. There's no rush to move them on though so I'll make sure everyone is 100% fit before I do anything. Plus all of my stock (apart from the betta and maybe the rasboras) are juveniles so there's really no rush.

You naughty girl :shifty:

Those serbai are cute though, is there no way you could keep them? Wish I lived closer to you, I'd take them off you.

Oh I'm keeping the sterbai, it's the green lasers that I'm pretty sure I'm not keeping. I dunno, I might get attached to them by the time they are ready to be rehomed!

lol, no worries, yep the green lasers are spawning. However I scraped their eggs off the glass and into the tank last night :sick: - I'm just not equipped to properly raise fry at the moment

Aw, you really have to keep them. Just see it that way - your serbai will probably also spawn in the future so you'd better get breeder tank for them. Can't you use the small tank that you had before for that?

I got some bristle nose pleas from nu pets in town, got 2 for £9 but my first one died a week or 2 back. The survivor is loving the tank now tho!

01855b83.jpg

That's him last week and he's grown already! Il try and get another pic tonight

He looks just like mine! Oh man I think I paid £12 for my pair at Maidenhead (Houghton Hall)...oh well!!

Salam, yeah I'm sure they will but it's just a timing issue really and if I end up with several pairs of breeding corys I'm going to have some decisions to make!

Annnd my husband showed a rare interest in fish and said I should go ahead and get some cardinals and well I had to take advantage of this rare and strange oppurtunity (far be it for me to discorage him!)

Sounds like your husband shows as much interest in fish keeping as my wife - I think my wife likes the new substrate now although she won't admit it :lol:

Lovin your tank though - great pics and cute baby BN's.

lol, yeah sounds about right, he enjoys having the tank but doesn't want much to do with it really. Which is fine by me, I like having it be "my thing". And thank you! I'm enjoying watching your thread as well :D

£12? :blink: :lol: I got 10 for free from the forum last year... :lol:

They're just normal BN's AA. The white edges are their juvenile markings. :good:

Most reactions

Back