From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

Well I don't know if I have some sort of turkey baster disability or if I just have a rubbish one lol but I don't seem to be very sucessful in sucking the poo out! it seems to just fall back out before I can get it out of the tank! That's why I've just been using it to squirt jets of water into the messy places to get it back into the water column to give the filter a chance to deal with it.

I do love them and they have worked miracles on my tank lol so they aren't going anywhere, I'm thinking about buying one of these powered vacs but I'm not sure which one to get :/ or if it's just dumb!

Yeah that's the one I was leaning towards but I read a couple of bad reviews on amazon - mind there were only like 4 reviews so not exactly a representative sample! They were saying that it's not very powerful but then it looks like the "next step up" in vacs takes you to £40-£60!

The hagen one has a glass cleaner attachment which I like the look of :)

Edit: oh, and it can power my syphon as well, which like I said, it does need a bit more power but I'll go through batteries like crazy if I use it for that!

Yeah that's the one I was leaning towards but I read a couple of bad reviews on amazon - mind there were only like 4 reviews so not exactly a representative sample! They were saying that it's not very powerful but then it looks like the "next step up" in vacs takes you to £40-£60!

The hagen one has a glass cleaner attachment which I like the look of :)

It worked ok for me. I did have trouble getting it going at times but that was probably because I was using it in a small 30litre. I will dig it out and have another go with it as it's been a while since I used it.

How to Feed Your Pleco

DSCF3453.jpg

DSCF3450.jpg

DSCF3476.jpg

:p

Gramps and his younger counterpart ("Baby-Daddy") were hanging out together last night and I was shocked at the difference between them. Gramps is obviously older because he's longer but...dang. And when you consider that Baby-Daddy is probably not in top form either! There are moments when I think he's improving but then I look again and I doubt myself :/ He's quite sort of..."floppy" and weak looking when he does decide to have a few laps around the tank, ah well, I think I'm doing all the right things

DSCF3483.jpg

DSCF3481.jpg

I have also been having real trouble with refilling my tank from the mixer tap, it's just not working. The tank is getting far too cold and dropping 5-6 degrees. The plecs went very pale last night after the water change and I can't help but feel it was the cold! I just can't get a slightly warm temperature. It's either far too hot or too cold. When I try to get something just a little warm the boiler just switches off. If I turn it up a tiny bit, it goes really hot! Arggghh. So last night I decided it would be a genius idea to go ahead and turn my filter and heat back on before the tank was full in order to minimise the temp drop. Sooo yeah, you noticed that quickly but I didn't! I had added enough dechlor for the whole tank (and had been refilling for a bit) but I was still adding chlorinated water while the filter was running. What a tard. Anyway it didn't take me long to realise what I was doing and I switched it back off. Water tests today are fine, I hope no damage was done.

Oh and I also managed to smash not one, but two API vials as well! These are examples 2 and 3 as to why I should not do anything that requires one iota of brain function on a school night.

I did take some kinda cool pics though
blink.gif

DSCF3490.jpg

DSCF3491.jpg

I lowered the end of the filter inlet pipe so that it's closer to the substrate, do we think this will help move the water along the substrate? I think the corner where the inlet is might be looking cleaner today so maybe that's one dead corner sorted. Should I move my spray bar the other way around to try and get the other corner? There will still be plants and wood in the way...

:rofl:

I might actually steal your idea, that is great!! :D

I'm pretty sure that with plenty of high protein food and water changes the Cories will pick up AA, just give them time. On another note, are they definately Green Lasers? :unsure:

Great pics as always, very crisp, clean and clear. :)

I love the Pleco feeding! lol He was so cute sitting on his veggie pedestal!

Haha do it! I desperately wanted to get a picture of them both on it but it didn't happen :(

Yeah...patience is a virtue! And no, we are definitely NOT sure they are green lasers lol - who knows what they are. They do have a slight green sheen to them sometimes. If the light hits them right, especially over the eyes sometimes if they are in a cave their eyes will be just two glowy dots. Maybe they are a cross?

Any tutorial on how to rig a plec feeding device up?

Lol OK it's just a wooden skewer like you use for shish kebabs/bbq-ing and then you need to weigh it down somehow so i used my magnetic glass cleaner, done!

That's a much better use for those stupid cleaners. Mine picked up a piece of sand and scratched my glass :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lol i agree however i did use mine today for the first time since i bought it haha. I just didn't go anywhere near the substrate, i leave that for a toothbrush

Most reactions

Back