From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

DOOOOD! You know I desperately want one! (or two) but I am fretting over the business of my floor
cry1.gif

However, these nutso green lasers are all over the place, they don't realise they are bottom dwellers.

Listen all I need is a nudge and I will buy those suckers! (no pun intended)

I think it is just malnutrition unless they have internal parasites, but that you can easily see when they poop (good poop is dark).
Regarding the eggs: why don't you put the eggs in a breeder close to the outlet of your filter? This gives you an opportunity to clean your tank and the eggs can survive at the same time.

good photography...did you buy an SLR??

Otocinclus would also work... As would Pitbull Plecs. :good:

Not helping, plus I've got my mind set on the BNs. They aren't in stock anywhere around here, which is probably a good thing! I am going to phone a place about 20 mins away though, just to check :/

I think it is just malnutrition unless they have internal parasites, but that you can easily see when they poop (good poop is dark).
Regarding the eggs: why don't you put the eggs in a breeder close to the outlet of your filter? This gives you an opportunity to clean your tank and the eggs can survive at the same time.

That's good news! I haven't seen him poop I'll need to stalk the tank after dinner time tonight, poo patrol!

What's the best way to get the eggs off the glass?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ancistrus-Sp-Rio-Tocantins-Bristlenose-x-4-Pleco-RARE-Plec-/300700591851?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item460326e6eb

:good:

Cheers :) I can't do anything tonight but I'm considering getting a breeder net for them, ugh I am a bigger wimp than I previously thought!

Thanks ianho! Nope not yet I just use the manual settings on my Fuji FinePix F300EXR, which is fantastic for a point-and-shoot. I swear by Fuji in general.

BUT when it comes to shopping for my SLR I'm looking at either the Nikon D3100 or the Canon 1100d. But I'd love to hear any opinions you have on the matter! :)

....that is a gorgeous fish!!
drool.gif

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The cannon 550d is the best starter slr IMO (I do have one). I had a Sony alpha 380 before and the 550d wipes the floor with it. Well worth the little extra and you certainly won't be disappointed, as you obviously have a good eye for photography.

Yeah? I'll check that out, unfortunately I'm stuck with buying from Amazon because I'm using gift vouchers/credit card points because I see it's on ebay at some great prices!

Yeah I had a Sony once and I just never "bonded" with it, lol, if that makes any sense!

And thank you, I get a lot of satisfaction from playing around with my camera and now that I've started with tropical fish I can combine the two! Win win :)

I believe Siobhan has some of the Rio Tocantins and they do actually look like that. They're a nicer less common BN.

TBH though, a group of 3 or 4 Oto's would do just fine and wouldn't encroach onto the floor space you mention. :good:

Mmm I've heard mixed reviews about otos though, a lot of folks have trouble with them :/

Well as promised yesterday I attempted to get some pictures of my rasbora - they aren't very good but you can get an idea of their colours.

Both of them are in this one:
DSCF3319.jpg

DSCF3312.jpg

DSCF3309.jpg

Here's Big Mama looking much slimmer, however her eyes still aren't right - do we think this is cloudy eye?
DSCF3301.jpg

A couple of tank shots, it's pretty messy just now but I wanted you guys to see how much it's come along in just 2-3 weeks

DSCF3288.jpg

Left
DSCF3292.jpg

Center
DSCF3293.jpg

Right
DSCF3294.jpg

Also, does anyone know what these little balls are? My sand is "pre-loved" so I've got no idea..
DSCF3304.jpg

In other news my two day ammonia spike of .25 sorted itself out with no water changes. Very pleased about this :) Nitrite never showed an increase at all
good.gif

Most reactions

Back