From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

Lookin good AA. Hope you see good growth with the bacopa so you can get rid of those bare stems. Cardinals do look awesome on black

Your colors really pop! Loving the cardinals, and those plants are immense!

Thanks guys, the bacopa isn't doing too great TBH it's strange because the vallis has shown a lot of growth and it's supposed to be the more difficult plant! There were little baby vallis shoots when I pulled them up to replant but some of the bacopa hadn't even started to root! None of the plants have had a very good life as of recent; too many water changes and not enough nutrients. I did a big dose of fertiliser yesterday after the big water change and then I'm going to start dosing TPN+ 2ml per day probably at the end of the week. Fingers crossed they will get going now that I can stop focusing on sickly fish.

I've just been shopping and I got 6 more cardinals from MA and 4 more espei from Dobbies. They are still in their bags but both sets of fish had gone totally transparent and one of the cardinal's eyes had turned completely silver so I thought it was blind but after a few minutes floating in the tank it has gone back the right colour, bless their little hearts! This brings me up to 12 rasbora and 12 cardinals, don't ya just love even numbers? Hubby wouldn't let me get any more sterbai...the miser
angry.gif

And just to titillate you all I also got a JBL double ended hose brush!!! WAHOOOIE!

Ok guys! Well when I went to put the fish in the tank it turns out I actually got 5 rasboras and 7 cardinals! Win! AND this means that my numbers are still even stevens, whew!

I may shut up at some point today guys...but maybe not!! Muhahaha!

It's just so amazing to see how these fish have changed since I got them. To see the old rasboras against the ones I just got, you would never think that they could even be the same type of fish. I got them in three lots now and when I got the second group I thought "well, I'll always be able to tell which ones are the newbies" but I can't they all look the same now! Same goes for the cardinals I only got my first six three weeks ago and they are so big and chunky compared to the ones I got today. This is part of what makes this hobby so rewarding :D

Also, the rasboras are cracking me up because all 8 of my original group have put on dominant colours for the new guys haha - I guess they are working out the pecking order, they are looking gorgeous though :D I may try and do a video later on, weeee!!!

Lol Glad to see another nutso on the forum! :) If I were you, I would take away some of that bare stem of the bacopa. It may promote some growth. It hasn't been my fasted growing stem.

I was just going to ask you that lol! I probably will but after my little planting sesh the other day...my mother would not have approved of the language that was coming from my mouth!

fasted? plant. Geez I type like a loser when I am in a hurry lol

I sound like a sailor every time I have to plant stem plants. They float, then others float, then they all float. My hubby takes the kiddies outside these days because the almost 3 year old repeats everything we say

Haha! Every time that you say your water doesn't look clear, or that your tank is a mess all I see is a pristine tank! You should see mine after a rearrangement... :blink:

Aren't the espeis gorgeous? I got some more from Mexico as I couldn't get them here and although they are a little smaller, I am sure they will catch up quickly.

Regarding the airline; once you have put methylene blue through an airline it turns blue, even if it was white originally...

Haha thanks so much Biulu!!

Yes they are, I absolutely love them. When you look at them in the fish shops they don't look very nice, if I hadn't of researched them beforehand I would have just passed them by - they are so much more fun to watch than the cardinals
good.gif

lol you can see them the best in the second photo down, in the middle next to the sticky-outy bit of wood :p I unlinked them and bunched them together, fingers crossed they spread like mad because I really like them! Thanks again!

OK Kids! I did a video :D

Sorry it's so long but I didn't want to cut the song, but I did, but only a little
blink.gif
So sit back and enjoy the music because the video is crap...I didn't use a tripod and my digital camera isn't great for video and blaaahhhh

I dunno if it's better to just watch it in youtube it's a little little on here :p

Most reactions

Back