From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

Yeah I was looking at lilaeopsis brasilliensis too but I was a little intimidated by it as I read somewhere that it may need co2?

Dwarf sagittaria looks good, not wild about hair grass (too spiky? lol), cryptocoryne amicorum I like the look of as well but think it may grow too tall?

Amicorum is one of the smallest crypts available. Dwarf sag is a great plant, but eventually it may have to be moved backwards as it grows.

Lilaeopsis is a weird one. I have a small amount in my 180 and its fine, it grows slowly though. A friend also has it under low lighting and its rampant! :rolleyes:

Goodness! I read it was a high light plant! Just goes to show that you just have to try them out to know for sure :) Let me see if I can find a the link to a very cool plant I found earlier...

Here we go: Cryptocoryne Green Gecko

lol I'm thinking the same thing, a bit pricey for just one little foreground plant, but I do love it
unsure.gif

I could put it in place of one of my crypt bunches...maybe front/far right - oh dear

As a side note, I'm desperate to do a water change lol but between the spawning corys and the fact that the tank is being medicated at the moment - argh. I want to get at least half of the water out and do some planting! I just stuck the new plants in anywhere at the moment. The cardinals love hanging out in the "bacopa stem forest" :D

Ohh, I am planning Cardinals in my 46. Are you liking them? I love the Espei's so much, I almost thought about having them in both tanks, but whats the fun in that?

Well it depends. The cardinals are fantastic to look at and add great colour to the tank. But behaviourally the espeis are much more fun to watch. However, I've only got 6 cardinals (who are quite small) at the moment so I imagine their behaviour will change when I get them up to the 12-15 I'm hoping for.

Cardinals are just stunning, but, to be honest I never noticed a major behavioural change when stocking in bigger quantities, unfortunately, they are just kinda boring lol

Tanks looking good AA!

I can recommend Glowlights, mine shoal pretty well all the time.

Why not consider 10 glass catfish? They are epic sioalers and a little different to the typical tetra's and rasbora's used in 99% of the scapes today.

If you are only allowed small expenses, why not buy a plastic tub for your lovers? Put in some cabomba, a sponge filter and there you go!

I agree on the cardinals; I have 12. Great colours, but they just seem to hang around in the middle of the tank whereas the espeis are all over the place!

Stop the presses!!!

(mostly) Random Photo Post - weeeehaw!
w00t.gif

Why? Because I don't have a life and neither do you!

got some new plants...stuck em in...ain't got no time for teh scapin'

DSCF3690.jpg

Bacopa (all melty-welty)
DSCF3698.jpg

Vallis (melty-schmelty...)
DSCF3700.jpg

DSCF3702.jpg

Sicky fish getting better...again (I think he's going to be a perpetual problem for me
nugget.gif
)
DSCF3704.jpg

DSCF3708.jpg

DSCF3710.jpg

DSCF3712.jpg

Anyone want a dead cat? I may have one for sale or swap soon...
DSCF3722.jpg

I sold the castle that came with my tank for £27 on ebay (WHAT!?) - score.

And if you were wondering how it became a ruined castle? Remember aforementioned soon-to-be-dead cat?
DSCF3632.jpg

DSCF3648.jpg

Not allowed on the table! GARRGGG - can't resist a picture though
blush.gif

Sold the little bridge for £7 - wootie woot!

Is this tubing a special kind? It's softer and rubbier (yep) than my airline tubing...
DSCF3661.jpg

aaannd if you all weren't quite sure what kind of girl I am...when I looked into my purse to decide which card I didn't mind using to scrape cory eggs into oblivion with...
DSCF3685.jpg

Thank you for joining me in this complete waste of time!

Until next time!

That was fun! I have some tubing like that. Supposedly it wont go brittle as fast.

Most reactions

Back