From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

If you look at the earlier stages of Jamespsss tank you will see that it it is kind of a 2 island shape off centred where the division between the 2 islands becomes softer over time.

This is his tank when he won TOTM

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/300031-tank-of-the-month-winners-gallery/page__view__findpost__p__2901281

Check out my kinky fish:

DSCF3615.jpg

DSCF3616.jpg

The pictures don't show it well but he's pretty twisted!

Ok all innuendo aside, this is the one I've called Tiny Tim in previous posts and yeah, he's bent. I don't think it's really a problem for him but may explain why he's so much smaller than the others?

Here's a couple more pics for yas, I had the camera out because I think I've got a bit of a fungus problem brewing, but that's a whole other thread!

DSCF3590.jpg

DSCF3581.jpg

I've got a plec crush, it's serious.

DSCF3569.jpg

DSCF3561.jpg

DSCF3523.jpg

Nothing else to report except I bought some pretty tall vallis and bacopa off another forum member so I think it'll be here Thursday or Friday, weeeheee!

Oh man, I think Big Mama and Baby-Daddy are already going to do the nasty again! She's looking eggy (not as big as last time) and he's following her around loads, oi vey...

Yep, they are getting jiggy with it again...jeeze. It is 2 weeks and one day since their last spawn. If they are going to keep going at this rate I don't see myself trying to save many eggs lol. I won't be keeping any this time any way! It'll be interesting to see if they produce as many eggs this time around. Big Mama laid at least 150 last time.
crazy.gif

Maybe one day my little bad influence :)

The tank spending ban is still in place, though I have been managing to skirt the rules for small purchases ;) I'm hoping the ban will be lifted mid-June or July. My mom is coming to visit from the states and Luke is convinced I'm going to bankrupt us while she's here haha, he has no faith in me!!

I'm so annoyed the lovebirds got in the mood today as I was hoping to play with my new plants this afternoon! Arrgghh! Maybe they will stop for a smoke break soon...

That's OK buddy! I need your expert opinion on a plant por favor. My local Carlisle pal Peter C has offered me some of his cuttings and I like the look of these little foreground plants with the runners:

ba38346b.jpg

Now I think they are echinodorus quadricostatus aka Broad Leaf Chain Sword. Do you think that's right? From what I have read I think they would do alright in my tank and would do for the foreground plants I've been looking for to put around the crypts. What do you think?

Looks good to me! Other options would be lilaeopsis brasilliensis, dwarf sagittaria and dwarf hair grass.

Cryptocoryne amicorum would also work if you bought enough. :good:

Most reactions

Back