From 48 To 180 In 3.0 Seconds Flat

Ugh guys...help!

I've been sitting here for ages looking at my tank, looking at plants, looking at pictures on the forum and I am no further forward in deciding the long term scape of the tank! Is this hardscape limiting me?

I am just drawing a blank, I think it's because I need to get my hands on the plants before I can imagine anything and hubby has put a ban on fish tank spending, what a...poop head.
shout.gif
Maybe I should whip out the MS Paint like I've seen others do lol.

Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions? The plants I've been looking at are: bacopa, vallis, twisted vallis and amazon sword. I'm not overly attached to the wisteria I have now, so could be replaced with another background plant if needed (e.g. vallis). I do want to keep my crypts and I've got I think 16 plants in the tank right now. I am soo not going to co2 - at least not until I get very bored lol.

Here's an up to date FTS

DSCF3553.jpg

Suggestions:
Vallis back left, not too much of it, see if you can get it to the surface and then arch across surface.
Keep pinching out Wisteria, see if it'll form a nice compact bush.
Something tall, back right corner, behind the wood to soften it C.Balansae ?
group your crypts more.

question:
why have you got cookbooks under the tank?
rolleyes.gif

I'm coming round to that idea more and more actually but Luke doesn't like the look, I love how he puts in two-cents in!
rolleyes.gif

I've just had a thought, what about planting essentially the two corners, with an off centred gap...maybe like...a double triangle?

Thanks stu, I like it!

lol because I have an open plan kitchen/dining/living silly modern hoose and it's a very convenient spot for them!

Better Homes Cook Book was my newly married bible!

Just plant a bunch of crap!

They aren't normally all crammed in messy looking either
blush.gif

lol it was a wedding gift from my mom, apparently she planned to give it to me when I got married for my whole life hehe

It can be interesting using an American cookbook in the UK but it's got a handy converter in the back!
good.gif

lol cool, it's been said I do have style ;)

I'm raging because I've just found a tank I like in the show of your tank section and it was minnnts!! $#£&#!!!!

But yeah the two corners with a tall plant sweeping the surface heading towards the middle from both sides, hmmmmmm

stu, would you explain what you mean by pinching the wisteria out to make it more bushy? I understand what you mean but not exactly sure *how* to do it?

stu, would you explain what you mean by pinching the wisteria out to make it more bushy? I understand what you mean but not exactly sure *how* to do it?

Pinch the growing tip out just above a leaf node, it will encourage it to grow shoots from the main stem lower down as it no longer as a growing tip.

And what is wrong with liking one of my tanks? :lol: Which one was it btw? In all fairness, Stu's Rio 180 is probably one of the nicest heavily planted tanks on the forum IMO.

Like i said, jungle it. Takes alot less effort than a scape like Ians for example... And that suits me down to the ground! :lol:

And Stu... The reason for the cook books is because Nigella rocks. :D

Here you go. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD3tQrZB63E

Because! That's why :p

This one:
http://flic.kr/p/b819tP

It's not letting me do an image post!!!
sneaky2.gif

Most reactions

Back