Discus

jodiecaudwell

Reaction score
hi all

i went to get some new fish yesterday got a few platys and rummy noses and stuff but fell in love with the most beautifull blue discus!!wasnt sure to get him or not as i dont know anything about them,has anyone got ant advice for me...

thanks jodie x :rolleyes:

Discus are shoaling fish that need a fair bit of space and amazing water quality

ahhh thanks i will give it a miss then,i do have a large tank but i have lots of others in there at the mo,this one i saw was all on his own in a tank so i dont get that but all the reading i have done says have atleast 4,nevermind,thanks x[

quote name='Ian H' date='Aug 9 2008, 11:35 AM' post='2087026']
Discus are shoaling fish that need a fair bit of space and amazing water quality
[/quote]

If the Discus and Platys are gonna go in the same tank, I wouldnt put bogwood in it, only because platys dont like it.

plattys & discus have very different water requirements.

If you want discus you need to build the tank around them, rather than adding them to any old setup.... or you do if you dont want problems.

minimum tank for discus IMO 48x18x18", with a large external filter, this will house 6 adults & some dithers etc.

Most reactions

Back