Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You can still catch it if you're vaccinated but it will generally be a milder version of the disease. It could be a genetic thing in your family that makes you more prone to it. I've had all the vaccines you can have, I still caught mumps and whooping cough as a child but because I was vaccinated they were milder than if I hadn't been. My dad wasn't vaccinated for meningitus, it nearly killed him a few years ago (no exaggeration here, how he is still alive is a medical marvel) and has left him with serious health complications now. Again, I'm vaccinated for it but I still got it in my early teens and although I was ill enough to go into hospital with it I survived with no complications.
I'm glad your dad is ok. My mom was in the hospital for 3 weeks, she literally almost died, like was within a few hours of dying. She now still has depleted vitamin a, she went blind temporarily too. She was 39 a d healthy. One if the Ukrainian kids (13) also got it super bad. So did 2 of my brothers

Yep :) that's what our doctor said when my vaccinated mom (almost died) and vaccinated siblings had it. All of those doctors said that the only way you dont spread it is if you have actually had it. They dont want people to know that though

Well assuming this is correct then that renders a vacine to anything a waste of time does it not?

Well assuming this is correct then that renders a vacine to anything a waste of time does it not?
Not necessarily, but it is frustrating that they dont tell people

I'm glad your dad is ok. My mom was in the hospital for 3 weeks, she literally almost died, like was within a few hours of dying. She now still has depleted vitamin a, she went blind temporarily too. She was 39 a d healthy. One if the Ukrainian kids (13) also got it super bad. So did 2 of my brothers
My dad was the same, I was talking to funeral directors to make arrangements 3 times because we were told he would be dead in 24 hours. He was in hospital for several months and then spent 2 years being fed intravenously before being put back together from the complications. All from a vaccine preventable disease. Vaccines are the reason diseases like small pox are a distant memory and we are seeing now what happens when we don't have a vaccine for a disease.

Many states are easing restrictions here in the US. My state, MA, still has restrictions in place till May 18th. Everyone going out in public and when near other people MUST wear a mask or risk a $300 fine. Restaurants are still closed except for takeout. Churches are not allowed to hold services.

So how are restrictions at the moment in your area? Are masks mandatory? Are many businesses still closed? Are restaurants allowed to serve dinner at tables? Tell us about status in your area?

It will be interesting to see if the rate of cases goes up with many states starting to ease restrictions and as many businesses reopen. Time will tell.

Many states are easing restrictions here in the US. My state, MA, still has restrictions in place till May 18th. Everyone going out in public and when near other people MUST wear a mask or risk a $300 fine. Restaurants are still closed except for takeout. Churches are not allowed to hold services.

So how are restrictions at the moment in your area? Are masks mandatory? Are many businesses still closed? Are restaurants allowed to serve dinner at tables? Tell us about status in your area?

It will be interesting to see if the rate of cases goes up with many states starting to ease restrictions and as many businesses reopen. Time will tell.
Our restrictions have been postponed to the 31st

In the UK, as someone who will be sitting their GCSEs next year we are priority to be sent back to school before everyone else, so children are supposed to be going back to school in June. However, they have said the return of children to school will be staggered and different ages may be sent back to school at different times depending on how important it is they get back (mainly GCSE students and A level students) So as someone else mentioned, we are waiting to find out what the next stage is this Sunday.

The UK will find out this week what will happen with the lock down but we now have the highest death toll in Europe.

I know, its kinda strange I remember when 911 happened and I thought to myself, in my generation we never really had any big issues like WW2 but then 911 came along, that was 19 years ago and I remember the day I was in college at the time. It seems a disaster on the world wide platform can happen anytime.

The trial is a new vaccine not an antimalarial drug. It is a weakened version of adenovirus from chimpanzees that has been modified so that it cannot replicate in humans.
Naughts i understand what you said as i read it last night having my last cuppa ;) when i was saying about plaquenil which is (Hydroxychloroquine) is if they do dabble with this med to help form a vaccine, they need to tread very carefully regarding peoples bodies regarding reactions.

Naughts i understand what you said as i read it last night having my last cuppa ;) when i was saying about plaquenil which is (Hydroxychloroquine) is if they do dabble with this med to help form a vaccine, they need to tread very carefully regarding peoples bodies regarding reactions.
That's great, I thought we were talking at cross-purposes, thanks.
I think it is being used as a treatment (maybe like in your case?) rather than a vaccine. It does look to have a lot of side effects, especially for people taking other medications. I hope you don't have to take it for long.

That's great, I thought we were talking at cross-purposes, thanks.
I think it is being used as a treatment (maybe like in your case?) rather than a vaccine. It does look to have a lot of side effects, especially for people taking other medications. I hope you don't have to take it for long.
Sorry if i came over wrong but yes it does carry some affects made me very bad but i had to go on it and i've been on it 4yrs now but was then told to take it at night as your not suffering so many affects in the day..glad i did it.

Ivermectin doesn't treat viruses anyway. It is used to kill intestinal worms, and various mites and lice that affect the lungs and bodies. We use it to treat birds and lots of small animals for the above mentioned parasites.

I'm not sure who is making stupid suggestions like that, but anyone who believes it is either young and naive, or a moron.

-----------------
For anyone in the UK, why doesn't your prime minister brush his hair?
What is it with the American president, his hair is weird too?

These people are rich enough to buy a hair brush, why don't they use one?
They are bald so brushing their hair forward to cover it. I’d just shave my head. :)

Most reactions

Back