Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't believe that is what he said at all. The media asked if it would be compulsory, he replied that it wasnt necessary as there will be enough volunteers.
Well they want to think twice to trial a drug, i've took some crap down the years just come on the market and the side affects can be quite extreme with some...i take this medication they're going on about and i have to have it at night to try and sleep side affects off it's quite a dangerous drug and side affects (Antimalarial)

Well they want to think twice to trial a drug, i've took some crap down the years just come on the market and the side affects can be quite extreme with some...i take this medication they're going on about and i have to have it at night to try and sleep side affects off it's quite a dangerous drug and side affects (Antimalarial)

Healthy volunteers began being vaccinated in the UK last week.
Maybe they think it could protect them from Covid19, maybe they want to make a sacrifice for the greater good, maybe they are tempted with expenses.
But the whole world needs this vaccine.

Healthy volunteers began being vaccinated in the UK last week.
Maybe they think it could protect them from Covid19, maybe they want to make a sacrifice for the greater good, maybe they are tempted with expenses.
But the whole world needs this vaccine.
Yes i know where your coming from as there's many reasons behind a good many things and all i can say is good luck to them regarding their body / mind and also needing an ophthalmologist as this drug affects many area's of the body.

Yes i know where your coming from as there's many reasons behind a good many things and all i can say is good luck to them regarding their body / mind and also needing an ophthalmologist as this drug affects many area's of the body.
The trial is a new vaccine not an antimalarial drug. It is a weakened version of adenovirus from chimpanzees that has been modified so that it cannot replicate in humans.

I don't believe that is what he said at all. The media asked if it would be compulsory, he replied that it wasnt necessary as there will be enough volunteers.

I don't understand your response, it is a clear implication they feel they can make it compulsory in some fashion if the uptake of the vaccine is not enough. That is the problem.

This says no existing coronavirus has a vaccine.

"Mr Hancock, meanwhile, also warned there was no guarantee a vaccine would be found.

"We can't assume there will be a vaccine," he said. "There is no coronavirus vaccine yet for any of the existing coronaviruses and this is uncertain science.""

I don't understand your response, it is a clear implication they feel they can make it compulsory in some fashion if the uptake of the vaccine is not enough. That is the problem.

"Mr Hancock, meanwhile, also warned there was no guarantee a vaccine would be found.

"We can't assume there will be a vaccine," he said. "There is no coronavirus vaccine yet for any of the existing coronaviruses and this is uncertain science.""
We create vaccines according to need. We've never needed a coronavirus vaccine before so no one has really looked at developing one until now. Hopefully if we do develop a vaccine the uptake will be enough to make it worth it but I believe the UK lost its measles free status because the uptake of the vaccine has dropped thanks to anti vaxxers who believe Andrew Wakefield.

Your interpretation was the government are happy to force people to have it.
My interpretation is he said that wont be necessary as there will be enough volunteers, and that the suggestion of it being compulsory came from the press.

No, there is no vaccine which is why we are in trouble. There are TRIALS, one of which I mentioned to Tez as it is in the UK. As Colin explained, they have to be sure any future vaccine is safe as far as possible. This will take months or years, or maybe we will never develop one.

We create vaccines according to need. We've never needed a coronavirus vaccine before so no one has really looked at developing one until now. Hopefully if we do develop a vaccine the uptake will be enough to make it worth it but I believe the UK lost its measles free status because the uptake of the vaccine has dropped thanks to anti vaxxers who believe Andrew Wakefield.

let me clarify for you, you dont appear to understand the use of the term coronavirus. A coronavirus is any virus that jumped the species barrier from animal to human, of which there have been many including HIV which has been looked at for 30 years and still no vacine or cure.

Your interpretation was the government are happy to force people to have it.

My issue is the fact they can consider it an option to force people to have it. Not whether they are happy/unhappy to go ahead or not, the mere idea it can be an OPTION to force people to have it is what I take issue with.

Kids in Western Australia went back to school on Wednesday last week and social gathering laws were relaxed. However, people are being stupid and breaching social distancing laws and deliberately spreading diseases.

I was at the supermarket today and there were parents with children everywhere. The kids were running amuck at the shop and were touching stock, wiping their noses, sneezing and coughing on items.

Two primary school girls had a coughing contest where they went along an entire isle and coughed on every packet of cereal. Their mother was standing nearby and did nothing to stop them. About 5 minutes later the two girls were near the exit continuing their coughing contest on the plastic shopping bags and a shop display near the self serve checkouts. Again their mother was near them ringing up sales and she did nothing to stop them coughing on stuff.

A school teacher was identified with covid19 yesterday and the school she worked at has been closed for cleaning.

This clearly shows people do not care about this virus or spreading it and the government has relaxed laws too soon.

let me clarify for you, you dont appear to understand the use of the term coronavirus. A coronavirus is any virus that jumped the species barrier from animal to human, of which there have been many including HIV which has been looked at for 30 years and still no vacine or cure.
Corona viruses are a specific family of viruses not just any virus that makes the jump to humans. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html is the current list of Corona virus that affect humans and of the ones that have made it to humans there are only 2 others that have been serious and neither have been as bad as Covid 19. Zoonotic is the name for viruses that jump from animals to humans.

We have freedom. Once we cross the bridge of “we’ll it’s for your own safety” or “it’s for public safety therefore you have no choice” we get into some sticky water. It opens up a whole new discussion. One with serious effects

Kids in Western Australia went back to school on Wednesday last week and social gathering laws were relaxed. However, people are being stupid and breaching social distancing laws and deliberately spreading diseases.

I was at the supermarket today and there were parents with children everywhere. The kids were running amuck at the shop and were touching stock, wiping their noses, sneezing and coughing on items.

Two primary school girls had a coughing contest where they went along an entire isle and coughed on every packet of cereal. Their mother was standing nearby and did nothing to stop them. About 5 minutes later the two girls were near the exit continuing their coughing contest on the plastic shopping bags and a shop display near the self serve checkouts. Again their mother was near them ringing up sales and she did nothing to stop them coughing on stuff.

A school teacher was identified with covid19 yesterday and the school she worked at has been closed for cleaning.

This clearly shows people do not care about this virus or spreading it and the government has relaxed laws too soon.
I find a “coughing contest” hard to believe sorry this seems exaggerated

Corona viruses are a specific family of viruses not just any virus that makes the jump to humans. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/types.html is the current list of Corona virus that affect humans and of the ones that have made it to humans there are only 2 others that have been serious and neither have been as bad as Covid 19. Zoonotic is the name for viruses that jump from animals to humans.

Interesting, thanks, maybe the I misread the article in terms of its use of the word viruses that jump to humans compared to coronavirus.

Most reactions

Back