Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So you can expect a massive increase in covid19 patients next week :(

The bunch of idiots, why not put limits on how many people can use the trains and put on more trains until this is over?

So you can expect a massive increase in covid19 patients next week :(

The bunch of idiots, why not put limits on how many people can use the trains and put on more trains until this is over?

The trains service was deliberately reducedby governmentto reduce train use. However as you quite rightly recognise, they should have put a limit o the people entering the station in the first instance. The packed trains are a result of governmental mismangement. They say some people in some professions can travel but don't enforce it.

Think the headlines being bandied about are misleading. They all say you MUST return to work. What was actually said was people who are unable to work form home and needed to work can now return to work. Specifically mentioned food production, manufacturing and construction. London is not known as being a centre for food production or manufacturing and construction is by a long way not the main thing that people who work in London do. Those that are to return to work should do so from Wednesday - and there has not been enough time for companies to respond to yesterday's announcement and tell all their employees to show up today. As an aside the retention relief (furlough payment) scheme is to continue until further notice. So I suspect there is a lot of P-taking going on and we should not blame the government or assume that all those people are commuters :whistle:

FWIW my company - which is in the industry for which London is best known - has said it will not open the London office till September at the earliest. This applies to most of our offices around the world (including the US) and the only people who will be allowed into the offices are those who have a business critical need to be on-site. This will be decided on a case by case basis and to be allowed into the office you would have to have your security pass re-enabled, which will only ever be done for a single day.

I was able to get a doctors appointment in today. I’m also going to the eye doctor so I can get a checkup. I guess they are relaxing a bit on the QT here in KY.

I listened to the news last night and back to normal news, shooting, car chase. Etc. Barely a mention of Covid-19. Most things are open again here. I thought, “ Well, that news is now old news and people are over it.” Very few masks are being worn in stores. Really strange how things can change in a couple of weeks. Something strange is going in.

What’s so stupid, is when I had to go to the dentist, I had to wear a mask. But they are going to stick their hands in my mouth anyway...

It’s pretty stupid IMO. Because as soon as I got back to the room, I had to take it off. I also hate how much masks restrict your breathing.

Did you guys see the one Barber that got ticketed for opening his shop back up?

He said, “I’m going to keep working until they arrest me, or until Jesus comes walking in” (He was referring to the day when Jesus will come back)

I just thought it was funny. :rofl:

I listened to the news last night and back to normal news, shooting, car chase. Etc. Barely a mention of Covid-19. Most things are open again here. I thought, “ Well, that news is now old news and people are over it.” Very few masks are being worn in stores. Really strange how things can change in a couple of weeks. Something strange is going in.
We have a TV show called Four Corners and it was on tonight. It was about the US and how the federal government dragged its feet on covid19 and seems more interested in saving the economy than the people. They had a number of governors from different states talking about how they had to bid for masks and were struggling to get equipment. Virtually all the governors want restrictions to remain in place until things settle down, but the federal government is telling people to go about their daily activities like nothing is wrong.

Trump is a sociopath and doesn't care about people and he is putting people's lives at risk. There is also speculation about him wanting the virus to spread so it reduces the population by killing off the old, weak and sick and they have to pay fewer benefits to people.

Trump is a sociopath and doesn't care about people and he is putting people's lives at risk. There is also speculation about him wanting the virus to spread so it reduces the population by killing off the old, weak and sick and they have to pay fewer benefits to people.
He isn’t as heartless as the media says he is...

They don’t give him any credit/respect at all.

We have a TV show called Four Corners and it was on tonight. It was about the US and how the federal government dragged its feet on covid19 and seems more interested in saving the economy than the people. They had a number of governors from different states talking about how they had to bid for masks and were struggling to get equipment. Virtually all the governors want restrictions to remain in place until things settle down, but the federal government is telling people to go about their daily activities like nothing is wrong.

That’s one parties side and what Is known to many as “fake news”. They actually are the ones holding back relief checks. Both sides are nuts. The medical advisory team are dems and want Trump out. They blame him yet they make the recommendations on what to do. It leaves the citizens not knowing what to believe. I am one who is questioning a lot of this from the medical side. I told ya’ll early on when I was working in a hospital that the numbers being reported aren’t what I was seeing on paper. Allegedly, Medicare is telling all hospitals and doctors to post deaths as COVID-19 If they have it even though they may have been terminally ill with cancer and given a month to live and they will be paid $30,000 for each such case. Even more if patient is put on vent. A lot of it is a scam. Taking advantage of the dying to make money. I Could talk on and on about what little I know. Dems are going to blame Trump on everything to get him out. Dr. Falkui is the biggest crook of all. I have reason to believe they have had a cure for cancer for some years but won’t approve it because too much financial loss if they do. I shudder to think of what my grandchildren will experience in their lives. The entire Government is corrupt in one way or the other.

Last edited:
Well I don't know who to believe anymore so I am ignoring all U.S. news. First a man told us they had the best economy in the history of the world, one that everyone else was envious of, and then we see truly horrific broadcasts showing mass graves for people whose families can't afford a funeral, other people living in slums and yet more people living on reservations where they have no running water and still more people living in subways. My mind can't process the fact that the greatest economy in the history of the world could collapse so dramatically in 6 weeks so I have to assume someone is lying - I just don't know who.

But envy is not what I feel when I see comments like
I listened to the news last night and back to normal news, shooting ...
(I'm assuming that does not refer to clay pigeons or guinea fowl)

Politics is always two sided...dems vs republican...I wish there were 10 parties or NO parties to makes voting decisions fairer.

But let's not get too political here...this is mainly about the Coronavirus and how it is affecting you and your location. Let's try to stay on topic.

Most reactions

Back