Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is scary. I had Kawasaki disease when I was little. Not good!

Anyone care to predict where this virus will take us or how it will end?
It will end worse if they ease restrictions too soon.

I know. Especially in some states
Texas was doing really good at holding things down but deaths are going up as we start opening back up. However, part of me says we need to get out and get some exposure or lose the immunities we already have. The You Tube video I posted above will really get you thinking.

It's hard, because you want to keep the immunity to common cold and other things, bit even a small viral load of covid can wipe you out. I am sure it's going to get worse before it gets better at this point, especially since its likely not going to go away for summer

It's hard, because you want to keep the immunity to common cold and other things, bit even a small viral load of covid can wipe you out. I am sure it's going to get worse before it gets better at this point, especially since its likely not going to go away for summer
One man was just interviewed after getting over COVID-19. He was in the hospital 4 weeks. At one point he called his wife to say goodbye. He said people just don’t understand how bad it is. He’s still on oxygen and may be for months. They don’t know how it will affect him long term. Scariest part to me is thinking you have to lay there all alone thinking you’re dying. Many have died alone. Just so heartbreaking. :(

One man was just interviewed after getting over COVID-19. He was in the hospital 4 weeks. At one point he called his wife to say goodbye. He said people just don’t understand how bad it is. He’s still on oxygen and may be for months. They don’t know how it will affect him long term. Scariest part to me is thinking you have to lay there all alone thinking you’re dying. Many have died alone. Just so heartbreaking. :(
I know multiple diamond princess cases are still critical condition

Edit, that's been like 3 months too

My dads best friend (and a super close family friend) just lost 2 of his cousins to this and a third is fighting for his life and has been on a ventilator for weeks

Anyone care to predict where this virus will take us or how it will end?
The virus will take us into a new time in human history where virology takes place over other medical concerns.

There will be minimal air travel around the globe (a bonus for the planet).
Airlines will go belly up.

People travelling to other countries will be quarantined for at least a few weeks before they are allowed to move around the country. Expect your overseas holidays to be 2 weeks longer. You will probably have to pay for the quarantine at your destination so the holiday costs will be more.

The virus will continue to mutate for a few years before it settles down and during that time it will kill lots of people and probably a lot of animals. If the virus continues to mutate and jump species, then livestock could be put at risk and we could start to see major shortages of meat products. Potentially all mammalian life on this planet could be affected by this.

If the virus jumps to birds, we are fuplied. Sick birds could easily transfer the virus around the globe and spread if to every habitable place on Earth. You won't be able to get away from it and could catch it from a bird that flew over your property and pooped on the property.

If the virus becomes airborne, then some of the young and fit will survive, and everyone else will die. Old age will be a thing of the past and people will be dropping dead all over the planet, even more than they are currently.

Countries need to shutdown properly for extended periods of time to stop the spread but some governments won't do that because they want the economy to get going. However, if they don't shut down the country, the virus will continue to spread and kill. This is already happening and the governments are going to cause the deaths of lots of people simply because they want the economy up and running again.

Any affected area needs to be locked down for at least 1 month after there has been no virus detected. After that time, the area needs to be closely monitored and anyone that gets sick from anything, or anyone who goes to a doctor or hospital is automatically checked for the virus.

Money could change and we might (if people are smart) get rid of currency and make the planet one nation and simply help whatever people are left.

If the virus is left to run amuck and mutate, it could simple travel across countries and kill anyone who gets sick from anything, and it will kill the old, the weak and the young. Combine this with drug resistant bacteria and all mammal life on earth could get wiped out. At the very least you will probably die from the virus when you get older instead of just dying from old age.

---------------
On the other hand, the scientists might find a vaccine and we could stop the virus spreading with the vaccine and it will all be over in 12 months time. However, that is probably not going to happen, especially if the virus continues to mutate, which new viruses do a lot of.

Basically, settle in for the long haul. Buy a chest freezer and start buying a bit more food and groceries than you need. Cross your fingers and hope the scientists can help.

---------------
Other things that might happen because of the virus include more home manufacturing (fewer imported products) and no new movies, except perhaps cartoons.

Last edited:
The virus will take us into a new time in human history where virology takes place over other medical concerns.

There will be minimal air travel around the globe (a bonus for the planet).
Airlines will go belly up.

People travelling to other countries will be quarantined for at least a few weeks before they are allowed to move around the country. Expect your overseas holidays to be 2 weeks longer. You will probably have to pay for the quarantine at your destination so the holiday costs will be more.

The virus will continue to mutate for a few years before it settles down and during that time it will kill lots of people and probably a lot of animals. If the virus continues to mutate and jump species, then livestock could be put at risk and we could start to see major shortages of meat products. Potentially all mammalian life on this planet could be affected by this.

If the virus jumps to birds, we are fuplied. Sick birds could easily transfer the virus around the globe and spread if to every habitable place on Earth. You won't be able to get away from it and could catch it from a bird that flew over your property and pooped on the property.

If the virus becomes airborne, then some of the young and fit will survive, and everyone else will die. Old age will be a thing of the past and people will be dropping dead all over the planet, even more than they are currently.

Countries need to shutdown properly for extended periods of time to stop the spread but some governments won't do that because they want the economy to get going. However, if they don't shut down the country, the virus will continue to spread and kill. This is already happening and the governments are going to cause the deaths of lots of people simply because they want the economy up and running again.

Any affected area needs to be locked down for at least 1 month after there has been no virus detected. After that time, the area needs to be closely monitored and anyone that gets sick from anything, or anyone who goes to a doctor or hospital is automatically checked for the virus.

Money could change and we might (if people are smart) get rid of currency and make the planet one nation and simply help whatever people are left.

If the virus is left to run amuck and mutate, it could simple travel across countries and kill anyone who gets sick from anything, and it will kill the old, the weak and the young. Combine this with drug resistant bacteria and all mammal life on earth could get wiped out. At the very least you will probably die from the virus when you get older instead of just dying from old age.

---------------
On the other hand, the scientists might find a vaccine and we could stop the virus spreading with the vaccine and it will all be over in 12 months time. However, that is probably not going to happen, especially if the virus continues to mutate, which new viruses do a lot of.

Basically, settle in for the long haul. Buy a chest freezer and start buying a bit more food and groceries than you need. Cross your fingers and hope the scientists can help.

---------------
Other things that might happen because of the virus include more home manufacturing (fewer imported products) and no new movies, except perhaps cartoons.
Kind of how I feel now. Wanting to micro chip people is the mark of Cain and this is the start of the end of the world. We are all going to die.

Most reactions

Back