Chest Pains

Noahs ark6

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

Today i did alot of really intense exersize that i'm not used to. Anyway, all was well until about 1 hour after i finished, I started getting really painfull chest pains right in front of my sternum and spanning a few inches to either side, it's not a constant pain but it's quick bursts about 20 secconds apart, and it happens when i swallow, take deep breaths in or take large breaths out. It's been like this for 5 hours now and isn't getting better, it becomes unbearable when i try to lie down. Is there any doctors/nurses etc on this forum that could tell me if this is normal and Ok?

thanks

Don't wait for an answer here, chest pains are not normal, go to A&E & get checked out

Any chest pain should be assessed properly, get to A&E...not a tropical fish forum.

it happens when i swallow, take deep breaths in or take large breaths out.
I would suggest not doing any of the above three things as this is what causes you pain.

If in doubt, do a water change.

I'm intrigued about this exercise you were doing.....

Going to the doctor is the best choice to find your answer on here

But my sternum will hurt and pop every once n awhile, this is due lifting weights, you might have hurt some thing while doing your intense work out..but you never know now a days

well im a nurse as well as a fish keeper :lol: sounds like a stretched muscle to me but definitely get it checked at your gp/ doc/ A & E

it happens when i swallow, take deep breaths in or take large breaths out.
I would suggest not doing any of the above three things as this is what causes you pain.

If in doubt, do a water change.

I'm intrigued about this exercise you were doing.....
It was sprinting and jogging for about 6 hours with my mates, i'm not an athletic person by any means.
I consider doing a water change my daily exersize :lol:

Get to A+E. I had something similar a few months ago, turns out it was a trapped nerve.

Agreed that you should get it checked.

But - it sounds like something called costochondrosis. It's basicly all the muscles in the chest wall going into spasms in short bursts. It's excrutiatingly painful and hospital see a lot of people with this condition that swear they are having a heart attack.

I'm speaking from experience as I have this condition and water changes make it worse :p

Having said all of that still go to see a doctor just to put your mind at rest. They might give you some muscle relaxants to ease the pain.

Hope you get well soon :)

Most reactions

Back