Chest Pains

Agreed that you should get it checked.

But - it sounds like something called costochondrosis. It's basicly all the muscles in the chest wall going into spasms in short bursts. It's excrutiatingly painful and hospital see a lot of people with this condition that swear they are having a heart attack.

I'm speaking from experience as I have this condition and water changes make it worse :p

Having said all of that still go to see a doctor just to put your mind at rest. They might give you some muscle relaxants to ease the pain.

Hope you get well soon :)
Thanks for that, very helpfull :good:

No, i just had a quick google and it said it should stop after a while on it's own? (if thats what it is)
The A&E and/or the walk in centre will be really busy at this time with drunk people aswell :sad:, probably best not to get in their way.

okay - that's your decision. Is it still bothering you? Muscle spasms are horrible, especially if it is that and it's the chest wall muscles.

I have my tricks for getting it to go away but I'm reluctant to tell you in case it's not costo and you hurt yourself more

Safist one is heat. Hot water bottle, hot bath etc

no problem. I like to help if I can :)

Seek professional advice, that's what we do. If you're in pain go to A&E, it's what they're for. They'd generally relish the opportunity to see something other than one of the drunk people they're getting. Not such a pleasant wait for you, but nice variety for them.

DrRob is right but I also understand where your coming from. I've sat in A&E on a Saturday night in the past and I'd have to be dying or bleeding to death before I did it again.

If you have any ibruprofen in the house try that aswell (so long as your not allergic). It's an anti-inflamitory and if you've pulled something it should help the soreness.

Please get it checked though by a professional. It's one thing for me to say it sounds like muscle spasms (I have something called Fibromyalgia so I know ALL about muscle spasms!!) but you still need to be seen by a Dr.

Oh and ... whatever the 'exercise' was ... think twice next time :lol:

are you okay noahsark?

Just checking in as I was a little concerned about you last night

Hi

Yes, im virtually completely ok now, thankyou very much.
I'm going to go to the doc on tuesday because that wasn't the first time something like that happened, but last time was less painfull than this time.
Thankyou for your help yesterday, it's much appreciated :good:

that's no problem. See what the Dr has to say. Glad your okay :)

Went to the Dr, and they've refered me to the heart section (probably got a fancier name) at the hospital, should get a letter in a few days, will keep you updated :good:

Most reactions

Back