Betta Splendens Breeding (i Have Fry)

yer they really do, i cant wait to see what they turn out like, thanks. sam

just an update guys, just after crimbo i bought the fish a bigger tank, i transferred 19 fry all together which i think isnt too bad for a first go, im continuing to feed on newly hatched brine shrimp, do the odd water change, have upgraded my filter.

how big do they have to get before they can swim with the big boys? lol

heres a pic during feeding, of course the little sh.tz were hard to catch

thanks, spilz

103_3916.jpg

just an update guys, just after crimbo i bought the fish a bigger tank, i transferred 19 fry all together which i think isnt too bad for a first go, im continuing to feed on newly hatched brine shrimp, do the odd water change, have upgraded my filter.

how big do they have to get before they can swim with the big boys? lol

heres a pic during feeding, of course the little sh.tz were hard to catch

thanks, spilz

103_3916.jpg

19 ain't bad! Out of my first spawn, I had 3. Second spawn, 4. Third spawn, 212. I guess I got the hang of it. :lol: I prefer to have smaller spawns anyway, since it makes them a lot easier to deal with. You may only end up needing about 10 jars!

i have taken the one female out as she was a bit confused as to which gender she was lol, built a bubble nest and wouldnt let anyone near it, the other female is showing signs that she is ready to breed, so she is seperated from the male in a jar that rest in the tank.

sure the "confused female aint a plakat (wild type / short finned) male? easy mistake to make and ive seen many such males in tanks of females before. i bought one as a female once, didnt realise until i put it in with another male..that could have went soooo wrong had i not seen what went on:p

u need at least a 10gal so that the female can hide :good:

by got u good, i meant they changed ur mind about bettas.
from a person breeding for money ->to a person breeding for joy :lol:
my last spawn was in a 3 gal tank... go figure :good:

yer its a male, i figured that out about a month after having it, cuz its fins developed a lot more, at my lfs theres still the odd one in with the females, so i get them for £1.50 lol. can anyone let me know what size they have to be before they can be transferred. cheers spilz

Hmmm well i am spawning mine in a 5 gallon!
as with mst breeders like too use a 5-10 gallon!
:S
hehe
i get my first spawn going today :)

i would say 5 gallon is minimum, id say 10 would be much better. their growth can be stunted by poor water conditions, i suppose the water condition would be better the more water there is because the pollutants (from their waste etc) is more diluted. mine are in a 10 gal now and theyre growing much quicker.

i breed in 14x8x8 tanks.I think there better than 2ft 10g's

its all over personal preference tbh.NIce fry matey got some growing aswell.Very small for there age though :S

yer i think its cuz they were bred in to small a tank, now i have the 10g they are growing noticeably quicker.

Most reactions

Back