Aquamarine 900 Journal - My First Marine Tank

Yes it is a sun coral. The only thing I do is two or three times a week I give the sun coral some Gamma NutraPlus.

Ive recently ordered gamma nutra plus and ive heard corals go crazy for it ! like coral catnip or some similar shizz lol

So pleased you like it. I wouldn't have done it if you hadn't started this thread coz I couldn't pluck up the courage before. So Thankyou :*
Your welcome im glad im of some use :p just lookin at your tank im like "yes i want that, that ooo and that!, and i like how thats placed :p" etc etc lol plenty of inspiration hit me from 1 pic
good.gif
blush.gif

Yeh, mine are slowly covering the rock underneath. I was thinking of cutting one off and re-placing it on another rock to see how long it would take to re-grow. I think its something like 2 weeks.

DSC_0759.jpg

thats them ^

yeh id happily trade but dont you live like 2 hours away from me? :p surely the cost in petrol there and back would cover the cost of a mushroom colony? lol i paid like 18 quid for my tiny colony and now theyre #137## huge :p

I was thinking posting them? when the weathers abit warmer.(we live in wales, i know thats unlikely)

put the cutting in a sealable sandwich bag with some tank water, cover that in a layer of foil and pop in an evelope?

It may work. :unsure:

I paid £29 for mine, although its on a decent piece of live rock.

Could possibly work I'll do abit of googling towards posting coral frags, I'm pretty sure you'd need a heat pack though. I bet those big postal lorries get pretty cold and again if you courier it you may aswell get a colony :p

Yeh, and it's pointless using a heat pack for one small piece of coral. :/

Because of my recent coral splurge lately at my LFS they give me the "trial pack" of the "coral colour range" by red sea max :)

just to show you how things have progressed in 3 months heres my shelf when i 1st got my tank

IMG_0127.jpg

and here it is now!

IMG_0300.jpg

you cant even make out all of the test kits behind my red sea bottles :p lol.

I am no where near that yet!..... give me time! :shifty:

Im sure you dont need half as many as that :p i like to complicate things though and give myself a challenge to bring out the best of my corals!
wahey.gif

OOH lotions & potions -

Welcome to the dark side!

are you my father? *whistles star wars theme tune* :p

I AM your father Luuuke!

Are you going to do some before & after pics?

Would be interested as I haven't used those particular Red Sea products,

Are you going to do some before & after pics?

Would be interested as I haven't used those particular Red Sea products,

yeh i got my pictures saved on my photobucket account so ill do before and after. Its a 2month trial program so im intrested to see the change.
i need a decent camera though as my iphone really doesnt do my corals justice, i gotta keep a eye out in clearance sales :p

have you had a look through my recent posts with my new purchases ?

Yes - but just realised I hadn't commented :blush:

The cat-like coral that the swear filter picks up is a beauty - give it a few months and it will be enormous!

Very vivid Zoas....I know our cousins across the pond give them fancy names like 'radioactive dragons-eyes' but I never got into that so I a not sure what flavour they are - superb colour though.

What's in the 2 big bottles next to the Reef Foundation?

Yes - but just realised I hadn't commented :blush:

The cat-like coral that the swear filter picks up is a beauty - give it a few months and it will be enormous!

Very vivid Zoas....I know our cousins across the pond give them fancy names like 'radioactive dragons-eyes' but I never got into that so I a not sure what flavour they are - superb colour though.

What's in the 2 big bottles next to the Reef Foundation?

just different foundation bottles :)
A is calcium/.strontium
B is buffers (for KH)
C is magnesium

im after a yellow mushroom leather next and some more mushrooms to fill up the left side of my tank :) im always on the look out for nice zoa frags i really do think i got lucky with that 1 as ive not seen any as brightly coloured since.

Most reactions

Back