Aquamarine 900 Journal - My First Marine Tank

correct :) my very own flame angel... earlier today when he was dripping in
IMG_0196.jpg

and heres my gramma kicking off at him! hopefully theyll setlle down...
IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

kinda abit scary though as every chart ive looked at and even on here when i listed the fish i wanted wayyy back a few months ago every1 said theyd be fine together lol

He is very cool. I'm looking forward to further updates on him! :good:

well heres a new experience... skimmer cleaning yesterday! went about my business but oh no accidentally cracked the strainer that goes on the end of my intake put it back on in the hope it stays. Today it falls off without me noticing and my skimmer dramatically loses power with no water coming out, i think oh flippin heck that stupid skimmer has got a air pocket in the intake again, (still not noticing my strainer fell off) so i get my pipe to flood water thru my skimmer from my external.... nothing!
angry.gif
by this point im kicking off at my skimmer big time swearing like mad and generally having a good whine lol. so i unhook the thing and let the water drain from the intake and go about taking apart, at this point i see what only can be described as something green at the very bottom near the peri pump, again ryan (thats me btw) kicks off thinkin a clump of hair algae has got sucked in.. but ohhh no was i suprised when i took the tube off my SIX LINED WRASSE was in there
crazy.gif
ohmy.gif

luckily their was enough water in the tube and skimmer to keep him alive he must of been in their 15mins maybe more before i noticed the skimmer wasnt working. He seems abit shook up and i hope he'll snap out of it soon, i put some brineshrimp in and he went straight for it which is always a good sign. Marine fish-keeping how you suprise me still! and i was worried about jumping fish, not finding nemo style sabotage
wacko.gif
:p

AHHahah! Fish are crazy. My gramma hid all night last night. Even hid during evening feeding time! That has NEVER happened. But this morning he was first one out and about for a bite lol.

Is your gramma mock charging the angel? or is he scared cuz the angel is so much bigger? lol.

-Tyler

AHHahah! Fish are crazy. My gramma hid all night last night. Even hid during evening feeding time! That has NEVER happened. But this morning he was first one out and about for a bite lol.

Is your gramma mock charging the angel? or is he scared cuz the angel is so much bigger? lol.

-Tyler
Fish are indeed strange lol
Umm I think it's abit of both at the time he seemed defensive but not aggressive as we would go in his hole and just stand his ground. They're fine together now though not seen a stand off in like 4days :p

Hopefully they'll establish a 'who's the boss' scenario in the tank. I was in a bit of a similar situation with my last tank, wanted to add a peaceful fish into the tank but had a fairly aggressive dottyback and wrasse, so I just added the peaceful fish along with a flame angel. All my semi-aggressive fish were wary of the angel cause of it's size, and then when they had a chase of the new peaceful fish, the angel would turn around and chase them to show who's boss so that kept all the other fish in check. It was great! hehe! Grammas have a bit of an attitude though so it'll be interesting to see if the little munchkin succumbs to the angel!

My tank has dramatically calmed since that 1st day, the gramma will actually swim around near the flame and vice versa with no aggression. I got some new beauties today and had a major rescape! Unfortunatly I lost track of my pistol shrimp and so did my goby :( hopefully they'll find each other again

May aswell update my progress :p

IMG_0248.jpg

Red Shrooms

IMG_0249.jpg

Zoas opening slowly .... these are guna take a long time to cover that rock lol

IMG_0250.jpg

Small orange carnation tree coral? i got two freebies :p this is 1!

IMG_0254.jpg

2nd freebie... unsure of this shrooms proper name though, and my flame angel being nosey as hell lol

IMG_0236.jpg

and my carnation tree coral slowly opening up too :)

Nice update!

Unless my sight is getting pretty bad, I'd have to say the second set of 'shrooms' you got there is actually a leather coral!!! Looks like a yellow leather to me, sulking a bit but they do that.

Nice update!

Unless my sight is getting pretty bad, I'd have to say the second set of 'shrooms' you got there is actually a leather coral!!! Looks like a yellow leather to me, sulking a bit but they do that.

yeh they are beaten up pretty bad... probably why they were going free :p im abit cheeky and go any buy 1 get 1 free deals today and he always chucks me some crap to try bring back to life haha

lol at my gramma today almost acting like a blenny just stopping on rocks randomly for a quick "sit down".... anyways for the real update, took a cool shot of my carnation tree coral in moonlight mode last night fully extended trying to catch some unsuspecting phyoplankton muahaha

IMG_0255.jpg

thought id throw a update your way to keep track of whats going on :p

new stuffs!!!

IMG_0277.jpg

(rescaped since then just incase some chemical warfare goes on lol)

i cant type its name because of the language filter but i can tell you its scientific name Link to Scleronephthya sp
also aware of the difficult nature because of its high feeding regime but i assure everyone i got some serious coral food stocked up in my fridge/freezer ;)

thought id bump this up as it hasnt had many responses lately :p

heres the view i get every morning when i wake up :)

IMG_0289.jpg

Beautiful!
wub.gif
dontcha agree?

p.s yes i know its abit green... gotta get scrubbing today lol

Mate, that looks quality! :good: Any more plans coral wise?

Still recommend the aqua rays? theres afew on ebay at the moment, want to make sure they do a decent job.

Most reactions

Back