Aquamarine 900 Journal - My First Marine Tank

Agree on the Neomeris - wasn't talking about that.

I though this

IMG_0324.jpg

was valonia.....but you are the algae expert LLJ not me!

What do you think it is?

@ ainsy, yes that's Valonia. I didn't see that in the picture. Thanks for helping this old girl out with a red marker! :good:

@ Fisharefriends, check your phosphates... Or... get an emerald crab. Now Mr. Emerald may also nip on the other macros too.

It's near the neomaris algae. Could also be brownish. Haha, just because it's labeled as a red macro, doesn't mean it's always red. Sometimes it's brown. LOL, looks like Gracilaria to me. I've got loads of it in my biotope. Invasive a bit.

L

My phosphates are 0 have been for awhile now this is why I don't get how I'm gettin bubble algae :/

Will the emerald bother my shrimp goby?

And I really can't see this red macro! Mr ainsy sir red marker please :p

Mr. ainsy is not the only one who can wield the power of the red marker...

IMG_0325.jpg

It's either Gracilaria, Chondria, or Ochtodes, though I'm less inclined to believe it's Ochtodes, as that's a rarer macro. But Chondria and Gracilaria are rather common.

L

@ ainsy, yes that's Valonia. I didn't see that in the picture. Thanks for helping this old girl out with a red marker! :good:

You are only as old as the woman you feel!

My phosphates are 0 have been for awhile now this is why I don't get how I'm gettin bubble algae :/

What are you using to test your phosphates? Most hobby test kits are really unreliable.

Most teachers are only allowed to use green nowadays (PC or something!). So I only reserve the red marker for really naughty students Ryan!:D

I just spent about an hour reading all 17 pages! One of the best journals i have ever read, so informative and filled with so many adventures! this has totally got me psyched up and prepared for my wee tank now too! I will be watching this thread eagerly for new developments! Love the choice of fish too, 90L right?! :)

You are only as old as the woman you feel!

What are you using to test your phosphates? Most hobby test kits are really unreliable.

Most teachers are only allowed to use green nowadays (PC or something!). So I only reserve the red marker for really naughty students Ryan!:D
That only makes me 20 years old then ainsy ;)
wahey.gif

Im Using the salifert test kit and agreed its hard to read when theres a trace but its obvious when you got over 3ppm of phosphate which i dont.

I just spent about an hour reading all 17 pages! One of the best journals i have ever read, so informative and filled with so many adventures! this has totally got me psyched up and prepared for my wee tank now too! I will be watching this thread eagerly for new developments! Love the choice of fish too, 90L right?! :)

Thanks :) i have a 180 litre tank so a tiny bit bigger than the nano your planning but please do put up a journal and i'll follow your progress :p

Hey! will defos be starting a journal! Third time lucky I'm hoping. The 2 other journals i started on the same tank idea failed! something would always come up! Slowly and surely this time it will succeed! oooohhh thats a great sized tank, mine is only 65L :S !!

Will be watching this with interest :)

I think she is going to be doing another journal, and is hoping for more success this time. The previous two didn't work out so well.

Sorry the Huh wasn't @aly_starh

It was @ Ryan - but I have reread the post & realised I was being dense!

Makes me VERY old Ryan!

oh my bad, I'm dense most of time :D I thought she was hoping a user named defos was going to do a journal ;)

Sorry the Huh wasn't @aly_starh

It was @ Ryan - but I have reread the post & realised I was being dense!

Makes me VERY old Ryan!

Dense is a very kind way to put it, I'd rather say thick as.... :p

Hey! will defos be starting a journal! Third time lucky I'm hoping. The 2 other journals i started on the same tank idea failed! something would always come up! Slowly and surely this time it will succeed! oooohhh thats a great sized tank, mine is only 65L :S !!

Will be watching this with interest :)

I'll keep my eyes open for ur journal too :)

Most reactions

Back