Angel Eggs

As there are no farm supply shops hereabouts, what should I be using for salt ?
I'm sure I read somewhere the "tonic" type aquarium salt is not strong enough, and I dont think the lfs does.marine type salt

Peter

I'm sure I read somewhere the "tonic" type aquarium salt is not strong enough, and I dont think the lfs does.marine type salt

Peter

Any non-iodized salt will work, kosher or pickling salt work just as well. You can find these in the grocery store, around $2 for a 4 pound box.

Peter

Any non-iodized salt will work, kosher or pickling salt work just as well. You can find these in the grocery store, around $2 for a 4 pound box.

I'm going to Tesco today, so I'll see what I can get.
Thanks, and sorry for borrowing Heather's thread :blush:

Peter

Heather, is it time to post the new update pictureS of your babies yet? :wub:
I for one would love to see those pretty babies. To see how big they become.
Hope you can post it soon. :angel: :fish:

sorry for the delay in pics neoncory..Well here they are..They are now 6weeks and 5days old..Some are growing pretty big now others arnt just as big yet..They are still little cuties :wub: :wub:

feeding time.. :shout: This is the biggest one..
STA41191.jpg

Some nice little stripey ones here.. :hyper:
STA41195.jpg

STA41196.jpg

Thanks for looking..Xx :good:

Hi! They're about to lay again!!!

She's bulging and they're cleaning etc!

They only spawned 2 weeks ago - it looks imminent again now! :wub:

:thumbs: :hyper: :wub: Wow, they sure become larger. And they are no mistake but little Angels. Although they still have big bug eyes.
And it is always the biggest get to the food first, that is why it is biggest. And get bigger even faster.
I do have 3 young gold pearlscales and the biggest is always the one eat first and most. And smaller 2 eat left over so the size difference seems widen. And make me wonder if I should seperate. Although sometimes the 3 hang around in the same area. Since the other 2 look haven't grow much. At first I thought the biggest is male but now I am not so sure. Because s/he pick and chase once in a while but not too bad. And all of them chase the 3 Marble Hatchet once in a while but they would zip to avoid to be picked. So there are no harm to them.
I will keep close eyes on them. Especially this is the first time for me to keep Angels.
Anyway, your picture make me wonder what it is like to get to see them spawn.

p.s. See that Heather, look how many response you get from all the admirer. So you have obligation to post more update pictures, I think. And I'm pre-tty sure many would agree with me. Thanks WE enjoy their pictures.

aww thanks neoncory.. :friends:
The babies will be leaving me in a week or two... :(
I would love to be able to keep them all but I dont have the space for them..
I can always bring up more fry though.. :good:
Thankyou everyone Xx

Most reactions

Back