Adandrews' 35L Nano

what size is the aqua soil you used fine or normal ?

and did you need to use anything else with or just the oliver knott naturesoil. cheers

and did you need to use anything else with or just the oliver knott naturesoil. cheers

its the fine, i brought a 10l bag and used about 6-7l, and its solely that, nothing else.

its the fine, i brought a 10l bag and used about 6-7l, and its solely that, nothing else.

thanks for that going to start getting the bits i need from this friday but going to stick with the one arc light and see if i can upgrade the bulb to 18w, and use just tpn+ and easycarbo with the following plants Hemianthus callitrichoides, Pogostemon helferi, Staurogyne sp., Blyxa japonica.

hopefully wont need pressurised co2.

thanks for that going to start getting the bits i need from this friday but going to stick with the one arc light and see if i can upgrade the bulb to 18w, and use just tpn+ and easycarbo with the following plants Hemianthus callitrichoides, Pogostemon helferi, Staurogyne sp., Blyxa japonica.

i think you will struggle with the blyxa, even with easycarbo, and tbh one arc light isnt sufficiant.

i think you will struggle with the blyxa, even with easycarbo, and tbh one arc light isnt sufficiant.

so would you suggest 2 arc lights ?

and what would be the problem with blyxa low light with one arc pod or not using pressurised co2

and what would be the problem with blyxa low light with one arc pod or not using pressurised co2

i believe blyxa requires high co2 levels to do well, i'd get 2x11w arc pods and then you will be dosing tpn+ 2ml daily and the same for easycarbo(as long as you have no shrimps)

i believe blyxa requires high co2 levels to do well, i'd get 2x11w arc pods and then you will be dosing tpn+ 2ml daily and the same for easycarbo(as long as you have no shrimps)

was planning on having it as a shrimp and possibly tetra tank so would you say reduce the easycarbo to 1ml daily

was planning on having it as a shrimp and possibly tetra tank so would you say reduce the easycarbo to 1ml daily

in that case follow instructions on the bottle for easycarbo

upgrading the bulb wont give you more light.

t5 are more useful as obviously its more light coming into the tank, however this doesnt mean you cant achive more light with all t8's. if you have t8's though and are limited to space within your hood, or simply cant upgrade to t5, you can get t6's at aqua essentials, these kick out much more light thank t8;s

thanks guys

Most reactions

Back