Adandrews' 35L Nano

What do you guys think??
just a quick update, i have brought a boyu in-line co2 diffuser becuase i am having to use way way too much co2 due to a shoddy rhinox 1000. Hopefully this will save me co2, and in turn money!

Adam

how did you get on with your boyu diffuser, are they worth investing in. cheers stev

What do you guys think??
just a quick update, i have brought a boyu in-line co2 diffuser becuase i am having to use way way too much co2 due to a shoddy rhinox 1000. Hopefully this will save me co2, and in turn money!

Adam

how did you get on with your boyu diffuser, are they worth investing in. cheers stev

for the price i payed, £5 delivered, its well worth it, they seem to do the job and with it in-line you dont need to worry about diffusing it correctly inside the tank. Removing equipment from the tank was a big bonus for me aswell, go for it!

What do you guys think??

Adam

for the price i payed, £5 delivered, its well worth it, they seem to do the job and with it in-line you dont need to worry about diffusing it correctly inside the tank. Removing equipment from the tank was a big bonus for me aswell, go for it!

ill get one ordered thanks, hows your tank coming along by the way any updated pictures :good:

is this the same as yours http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Carbon-Dioxide-D...=item1c0d569d40

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have now started to take down the tank, it is in need of a rescape, just need finances to allow atm

I have a few algae issues aswell, which i am trying to correct.
I will probably make a new journal on here.
thanks for your help and support guys :)

a last few pics for the tank:

IMGP1477.jpg

IMGP1478.jpg

IMGP1480.jpg

CLOSING DOWN.

Be careful with the canister filter and those shrimp. The babies, at least. Most people when they change to a sponge filter they see a drastic increase in the survival rate of babies. Maybe a sponge over the intake?

overall a good attempt, it would of been nice to see the hairgrass grow a little taller, and perhaps only allow the vivipara to grow behind the main stone so it doesnt distract to the back left corner as much. I think it would of been a really nice tank.

I shall be looking forward to your next attempt :good:

cheers mate, unless you have already tried it, vivipara is horrible stuff, it grows new plantlets half way up its stem, rather than hairgrass which just grows straight up.

for my next scape i hope to be using a combination of hc, p.helferi/staurygone, and blyxa.

cheers mate, unless you have already tried it, vivipara is horrible stuff, it grows new plantlets half way up its stem, rather than hairgrass which just grows straight up.

for my next scape i hope to be using a combination of hc, p.helferi/staurygone, and blyxa.

yes i have, if you can get that looking tidy then you are a good aquascaper lol.
one way to try and limit this is when you see buds appearing, cut them off, it keeps it a bit more uniform.

Gosh that was quick! It seems like you set it up only Yesterday. It looked really nice. Good job!

What is the name of these floating plants? And how are they to grow?

IMGP1373.jpg

-FHM

They are amazon frogbit, they are pretty hardy and will grow in most set-ups, i used them becuase early on in the set-up i wanted to avoid ammonia, these plants will "suck up" ammonia and nitrite. Ive also used them in hard water, high ph cichlid tank, they did fairly well.

hey ad, hows the EX600 holding up for you?

im looking for a filter for my arc tank (think it might be the same as yours)
and im unsure, i dont want crazy flow as it is only for shrimp and fry etc.

The ttex600 alone would be perfect, aslong it isnt run with anything in-line, like heaters/diffuser and glassware doesnt help the flow.. becuase of that, ive had to purchase an external pump, a hydor seltz L30, or whats going to be an eheim 1048 when i replace it :good:

i reccommend tetra externals, they have been excellent for me, ive got the 1200 aswell :nod:

yeah, i have 2 1200's going on my 4x2x2 and have also owned a 700. but was just checking the 600 is alright.

another quci kQ, where did you get the vivipara form, im after some!

Most reactions

Back