Adam's 125L Project

Hello :fun: Im having some diatom issues, finding that every 5 days i need to give the glass a scrape with my algae pad scrubber. I have nitrates of 10ppm and phosphates of 0.003 ppm, i have added another fish to the tank- a cardinal, but im just wondering about what i possibly need to do next, ie. use some form of macro algae grown somewhere in the tank to use up some nutrients. My rock is clear of diatoms, and has always been, and to note, it is growing some great coralline algae :shifty:

I will get a pic up soon, as i have my first coral aswell, just a button polp, but still :wub:

anybody help me out on the diatoms?

thanks

Yep as Ben said, levels are fine - I normally have to clean my glass every couple of days, would be even better if I did it every day :blush:

Seffie x

ps

Adam, you not going to join us playing fantasy football?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/336538-why-have-so-few-people-signed-up-for-this-seasons/

Yep as Ben said, levels are fine - I normally have to clean my glass every couple of days, would be even better if I did it every day :blush:

Seffie x

ps

Adam, you not going to join us playing fantasy football?

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/336538-why-have-so-few-people-signed-up-for-this-seasons/

okey dokey, im really wanting another fish, a little yellow goby was staring me in the eye at the lfs, but he just seemed too small!

Im not really on here all that much at the moment, and due to my final year of A levels coming up i will be studying hard, so wont have much time, and also, i should have a job at one of my lfs for the weekeends in a month :D.

sorry :(
Adam

Was it a little clown goby, they are cute aren't they, I quiet like the idea of a small fish in a tank that you hve to hunt to see but maybe not with a puffer who would be hunting it for another reason :blink: :lol:

Seffie x

Was it a little clown goby, they are cute aren't they, I quiet like the idea of a small fish in a tank that you hve to hunt to see but maybe not with a puffer who would be hunting it for another reason :blink: :lol:

Seffie x

i think so :) maybe give that one a miss, unsure what else to add, theres loads of things i want!

How many hours of lighting do you guys have over your tanks?

and how many times a day do you feed?

also, is anyone using mechanical filtration? i think i need some filter floss after taking all the media out of my filter, i am now getting some brownish deposits on the sand!

im gonna add some caulerpa into the tank soon :)

Adam

I have mu lights on for between 8/10 hours a day.

Yes, you are going to have a few problems with daitoms as you have such a limited cuc - any luck getting the large mexican turbos or conches?

Seffie x

my lights are on 10 hours a day. :good:
i feed 2 times a day :good:
but it depends on what fish you have :good:

I have mu lights on for between 8/10 hours a day.

Yes, you are going to have a few problems with daitoms as you have such a limited cuc - any luck getting the large mexican turbos or conches?

Seffie x

no, no, not diatoms, its just the deposits from the sponges, mulm i think its called, i have gravel vacced a bit the last two weeks but its still there, and plus, i dont want to vac too much, isnt disturbing alot bad?

i havnt seen any, when i get back off holiday i will have a good hunt, i still think the puffer will eat them though! i did try a turbo snail, it was fine for about 4 days, then it fell on its back, couldnt get over again so the puffer eventually found it :(

thankyou!

there was but its gone now :sad: ebay? because the delivery is very expensive on other sites i dont think theres much point in spending £15 on delivery on some snails.
the site was reef stock but it has gone from the internet.

aww what happend to the mantis he looks awsome

try coventry critters harry :good:

Hi,

Nice tank!

I m starting my A2 levels too. Not looking forward to it :( sooo much work! What are you taking?

P.s

sorry for taking you off topic. :blush:

Most reactions

Back