Adam's 125L Project

dont know exactly. i assume they will send it damp - ive always bought rock that i pick up. If its not out of water for much longer than 30-60 mins you hardly see anything. that long id expect a couple of weeks.

yea, thought so, should be ok,

thankyou

edit: forgot to say, what flow would you be adding to the bucket? heat is sorted, its about 25l i have to put the rock into, but koralia nano? k1? or both?

as much as possible. you will get dead spots with it all just plonked in a bucket. you want as much movement around the rock as possible

Ive now removed the rock from the packaging and put it in salty, but there are some hitchhikers left, and im not sure whether to add or not.

a long ish brown thing, suspected mantis shrimp?

and then crabs, one black one, one furry brown one, and some tiny little ones with banded claws.

unsure what to do!

Adam

We managed to find a home for the RO unit, it is fixed behind the unit in our utility, and the TDS meter is reading 0.

DSCF1648.jpg

I can't tell fully on your meter positioning, but there isn't much point in measuring "in" as the water going into the RO unit (the water coming out of your tap). You cannot change this or do anything about it -

If you have a DI unit (again cannot see, but with 0 I would guess so...) measure after that, and after the RO membrane, this way you can see the state of both your RO Membrane and DI module.

Out of interest though, what is your tap TDS? And your TDS after your RO Membrane (before DI)?

+1 on use of space though :good:

We managed to find a home for the RO unit, it is fixed behind the unit in our utility, and the TDS meter is reading 0.

DSCF1648.jpg

I can't tell fully on your meter positioning, but there isn't much point in measuring "in" as the water going into the RO unit (the water coming out of your tap). You cannot change this or do anything about it -

If you have a DI unit (again cannot see, but with 0 I would guess so...) measure after that, and after the RO membrane, this way you can see the state of both your RO Membrane and DI module.

Out of interest though, what is your tap TDS? And your TDS after your RO Membrane (before DI)?

+1 on use of space though :good:

lol, i did think that, i'll change it around then. all i can tell you know is that my tap TDS is 264 last time i checked.

any clue on the hitchhikers??

No idea on hitchhikers, best to get pics! Remember the macro mode on your camera, usually the flower icon... and getting cm away wont help, 30cm is the min usually for every day cameras.

My RO waste TDS is the same as your tap water :p (my tap water is ~100, lucky me). I'd run 2 membranes but im not on a meter so what's the point.

No idea on hitchhikers, best to get pics! Remember the macro mode on your camera, usually the flower icon... and getting cm away wont help, 30cm is the min usually for every day cameras.

My RO waste TDS is the same as your tap water :p (my tap water is ~100, lucky me). I'd run 2 membranes but im not on a meter so what's the point.

Well, im 100% sure its a mantis, i picked it up with a pair of my aquarium gardening(dont ask) tweezers and it kept on flicking at them, quite hard actually, probably enough to cut my finger.

Regarding the crabs, the largest furry one i havnt added, and all the others ive chucked into my tank, if they are bad or good, the puffer will eat them either way(forgot about that, silly me)

So, all rock in a bucket now, ive got both k1 and koralia nano on the jobby, and will be testing daily.

The rock is actually really nice, it seems to be the sort that looks like dead old corals, with bits pointing out of it all over the place.

As i say, i'll get some pics up in a bit.

thanks

Ok, so heres some pictures :fun:

DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1665.jpg

As i said earlier, i didnt add either the mantis shrimp or the big hairy crab, the pics are not the best, but i was rushing and in excitement to get back and stare at my rock. My parents think im going crazy, staring into a bucket :lol:

DSCF1663.jpg

DSCF1662.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg

Another thing ive been doing is a little DIY jobby to hide the filter ins and outs, i have constructed out of eggcrate a little right angle piece and siliconed on biorb ceramic media, once the live rock is in the tank im sure it will look good, if not i can always remove it.

DSCF1654.jpg

DSCF1666.jpg

thanks,
Adam

I really like the live rock covers for your inlet/outlets. Should pull good flow through the little peices of LR too.

:good:

looks like good stuff that does mate/ nice and pourus aswel as nice shapes n colour

yea mate, i cant obviously compare it with anything seen as ive never touched live rock before, but it seems good stuff, i love all the little knooks and krannies in the rock :look:

im looking forward to seeing your scape, looking back at your previoud fresh water efforts its gunna be a good'en

Most reactions

Back