7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

the house is tiny! ha its only a 3 bed mid terrace, always4lora will know he's been, downstairs there is the living room at the front and walk through to the dining room, which is where the big tank is, and it takes up almost half the room, i can't stand back far enough to get a full tank shot in front of the tank, i have to do it on an angle half way through the kitchen door! its my mums house so i can't really complain, she has been very layed back about this! hopefully within the next year or 2 me and the other half will be looking for our own place so will take room for tanks into consideration when viewing, either that or a big enough garden to have a massive fish house, i want 12x6x4 (lxwxh) so need a bit of room!

cheers Davo!

hehe that would be awesome lol

i think most of us on here dream of having a big tank one day lol

haha i know, although some people are very happy with smaller tanks, and to most people a 4 foot tank is large, its just a few nutters that decide to take things further! T1's winning at the moment, give it a couple of years!! hehe
although you see these 50'000 litre tanks in other countries and these 10,000 gallons here and there i think a 2150 gallon 12x6x4 would allow me all i ever wanted! will see once we get our own house, circumstances may change and i might end up with a 2x1x1 in the corner, you never know, but that is along the lines i want to go, and i think its more of a wait then a dream.

the £2.50 prawns from iceland are the best my rays wont eat any others

i brake the iceland prawns into about 3-4 bits when frozen then throw them in frozen

ah, well i won't need to throw as many in as you, theres only the motoro, the 2 small tigerfish and the fire eel that eat them. the plec sucks on 1 bit now and again and the bichirs have a couple but they mostly eat lance fish, will see how many there is when they come, my mum works at an accountants in town so she said she will grab me a packet of prawns from iceland on her way home, i just told her the £2.50 ones as i don't know how many different ones they have! haha
i normally buy fresh prawns, as in not frozen, and the fish love them but they only last a few days, im going through about 2packets of lance fish a week now with this arowana!

I can't imagine taking a fish that big in a plastic bag, haha.

The ray is really beautiful.

That new ray is a beauty! Didn't realise how big it would be, makes your others look tiny :lol:

You always had that red tail shark in there? :huh: By the look of its fins it's having fun with someone in there :lol:

the red tailed shark was amongst the first fish in there, came out of my 4 footer. Nothing bothers it, it has 'beef' with the plec, chases it everytime it moves, need to get rid of it really, every now and again the plec retaliates, hence the split fins, in this instance its safe to assume he deserved what it got! Haha, no harm done, still swims round wishing he was the boss, happy as larry!
Will be picking up my male marbled motoro ray on sunday so will have more pictures up then, he is stunning aswell, will hopefully make some nice babies!

good luck with the pickup in the morning

i got let down by EKS so wont be getting the female until next sat :angry:

im going to pick him up at about 5, he is being propper awkward saying i would have to get there either before half 9 this morning or after 5 tonight! im just going to go, pay for it and then leave, i don't like the guy and i haven't even met him yet! never mind, will try and get some pictures tonight of him, thats if he doesn't just bury himself like the female did!

picked up the new ray, its a male clear base marble motoro, just took a few pictures of it and will try and get some more when i can of it when its in the tank;
cbmarblemotoro1.jpg

cbmarblemotoro2.jpg

cbmarblemotoro3.jpg

cbmarblemotoro4.jpg

looks really nice my lfs have two the size of saucers

Most reactions

Back