488l Mega Nano

looks awesome buddy, well done. Id love to see the faces on peple when they first see it. especially non fish keepers

Thanx Ben and yep it gets a lot of comments, unfortunately the most common being..oh are they like nemo but a different colour?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Short video update now....

Yep that was a little late night snack of their favourite hikari pellets before the halide went off.
Think dopey dori doing laps helps to make him look even more graceful... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Asked earlier on another forum if I ever fed frozen to my tank...this was my response.....

DSCF6002.jpg

awesome looking tank mate, and nice to see the mystery wrasse out and about!

you've certainly got alot of fish in there now (water quality still good?) makes me think about adding more to mine.........

yep my freezer drawer is the same except i've got a load of dead mice in there for the snakes as well!

Have to keep a constant eye on params with this stocking level but so far so good....I skim heavily and am sure the twinned dsb's and rear algae chamber make a lot of difference as well, also the sfties and especially xenia absorb quite a bit of nutrient directly from the water column...however sps are a no go i've discovered

any chance of a pic of your DSBs and how you have them set up.

would love to have one installed when i move the current tank into the new house.

Can take a pic of main display one unfortunately the second is in the rear chamber..see what I can muster up here.....

DSCF6004.jpg

This is the main display dsb..4" deep aragonite sugar grain sand. It took about 5 months to mature at first and took a knocking when pistol rearranged about 2/3 of it a month ago,lol..this caused a massive spike in nitrates but slowly getting back under control now...the small bubbles are the nitrogen being released as the nitrates are broke back down to their component elements.

IMGP0325.jpg

The second, and much deeper 8-9" dsb in at the base of the first chamber in this pic, below the bag of crushed coral on the far right, and is fed by a slow flow through these holes at base of chamber wall...

DSCF6007.jpg

note shrimp,goby and even the scallop now sitting around here as pods and asstd micro fauna pop out of here

The sand is level with the bottom row of inlet holes and is made up of oolite and sugar sand

mmmm looks good.

am defo considering having one in addition to my current sump.
am also looking at having dedicated tanks set above the main display in order for the bugs and things to drop out from them without getting mashed in a pump.

I love the idea of the shrimp & goby hang around those holes, because they expect pods etc to come from there. :good:
Just shows how a well maintained & thought out tank really does create a mini ecosystem, where each organism, from the microscopic to the biggest fish are part of a greater whole.

Stop with the music please, I have no speakers atm, borrowed monitor as mine has broked.

Just to say, there is something very special coming to this tank next week, will be in mine over the weekend though, I may be pursuaded to show a sneak preview. :devil:

Most reactions

Back