488l Mega Nano

Happier now it's settled in better and not only feeding like a starved horse but now happy to defend himself and even throwing his weight around with the hog,lol...
Thanx peeps..loved him in darren's tank and couldn't believe my luck when I opened the pm to talk me into taking him,lol...believe me it wasn't a hard task and he didn't need to send a second..

Another trip out and another dent in the bank...went to pick up a refractometer, going all techi equipment now..lol, and home with it ,a new gorg/sea pen and an eheim internal which was automatically broke into pieces and converted into a small internal phoshate reactor...
I'd be better not going out I think...
Pop up pics of new gorg later when settled in and polyps extended.

Come on Bud, we know you have no sef control, its an affliction, nowt you do about it. :rolleyes:

Just go with it.

PS, I went to a store open day yesterday, and did not buy a thing, only because I already had what was on offer. Other than the rics, but that would have cost a fortune, I would not have picked just one or two or three, or four. :lol:

Sneak preview as it was positioned earlier...no polyps extended yet though in this one.....

DSCF4006.jpg

in position near center of tank...

DSCF4011.jpg

Hi Buddy,

Just read your full journal, and i am very impressed :good: your tank is awesome.

Only one thing i can't understand is how you are able to use normal treated tap water? i would love to be able to use it as my quarterly water bill is £539 due to the RO unit. Just a bit worried about taking the plunge :crazy:

I've used tap water since way before any ro unit was ever available on the market and have continuously used it for almost 30 years now...I use the water from the bath tap as it comes from a tank and not directly to the mains as such. This settlement time allows for chlorine etc to dissipate to an extent from the water..Added to this I use a good quality dechlorinator/conditioner and in the last few years have had excellent results from adding easilife filter fluid media on top of this....once it is at temperature this water is used directly for fresh water top ups or salt added for water changes...as i say regularly testing the ro water from your lfs is worth while and sometimes very surprising just how unclean it is...

Knew there was something I meant to do,lol.....

IMGP7598.jpg

Reached this stage earlier tonight and hopefully settled in properly by tomorrow
again the pic steals from it's colour and in reality it is a buttermilk/cream colour..a nice contrast to all the other gorgs in here and much thicker stemmed with larger polyps as well

Thats a beauty Buddy.

I bet the colour on that will deepen once settled too. I looked at a few myself yesterday, holding out for a particular colour though, you know us women, :lol:

Don't forget another piccie when it does settle. :nod:

Not strong colour Bud no, but it does now have an even colour and tone, earlier there were still paler parts.

Very nice, the shape is different to the ones I have seen in the flesh so far.

Very nice polyp expansion on that too. :good:

Most reactions

Back