Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Hawk fish are only aggressive to fish that will fit in their mouth, and that's only as they are trying to eat them :lol: A hungry Hawk is capable of eating a fish roughly the same size as itself.

For the Coraline algae, why keep struggling the hard way with it? Just take it apart and soak each bit in distilled vinegar for 2-3 hours. This will literally burn it off :hyper: Anything remaining after that is just residue that can be removed with a damp cloth while you rinse the pump :good: Far, far easier and it get to the places you can't, like the bottom of the impeller well and between the impeller blades too. Soaking each pump in vinegar should be part of a monthly maintenance plan once you are up and running, as it stops premature pump failure :good: Pumps get warm in the impeller area, making them prime places for Calcium deposits to build-up :nod:

HTH
Rabbut

Wow, cheers for that rabbut.
I appreciate you going in to such depth and giving me a good detailed description.
Thanks matey.
:good:

YF

Wohoooo, just over an hour and ill be picking up my LR and water.
:hyper: :hyper:
Never new I could get so exicted about rock & water.

YF

With regards to the Hawkfish, Seffie/ TRod has got a nice one & he only every now & then was eating a snail. Mine was dining on most of my snails. Now half hour after I turn my lights on I put in some crab cuisine (4 bits, 1 for each clown & 2 for hawkfish), this has stopped my snails disappearing. So even if the Flame Hawkfish has additional dining requirements it can be managed :good:

Rock & water... coool...

Whoah.
They are amazing looking fish, but I think I am going to avoid them.
I dont want to have any problems to start off with, in the future I may try fish that could have these problems.
But I have a big enough task maintaining just rock at the minute, so I think I should avoid one for the time being, lol.

YF

well
you will probably have your family say there not all that bothered then you say look theres like a octypus (ACTUALLY A BRITTLE STAR)didnt know that at the time and there alll down there and your getting shoved out the way lol

Haha, thats quite a good idea actually.
Im hoping the rock im picking up has no aiptasia on.
Will they hurt if you touch them? Like will they sting you or somthing?
All the car is packed up and ready to go, were leaving at 9.
Do you want photos of the bucket of rock and water? lol.
I know all of you like photos so im just wondering if you want a photo of this.

YF

Put as many photos as you want mate. If people don't want to look (even though I am 100% sure they wll), they don't have to.

dont think so my lr is covered and i touch em all the time gonna blow torch them soon

sure why not pics are allways good

only advice with the rocks get some smaller bits and some big as you may need them to fill in gaps for support

only half a nights sleep to go yf

Good thinking bae.
I dont think he is going to weigh it anyway, so I might push my luck and get just over 10kg.
Although I have to be careful as I will then have over 20kg in my tank.
Which is abit much already lol.
But yeah, I will get a variety of medium bits and small bits.
Gaz I will upload a photo then matey.
:good:

YF

we want pics of everything

oh and the pump was working fine when i last ran it! it only got used for a couple of months. All i said was its koralia 1, but i had to send it in a box for a 2 as i dunno where the right box is

One wakeful nights sleep to go.............

Yes there are two aptaisia which I am going to burn tomorrow morning when I take the rock out

7:00 8:00 get-up, breakfast etc
8:00 start to syphon some water out of tank
8:15 put heater in box along with power head and move rock
8:30 burn aiptaisia
8:45 move frags/hermits in to smaller box and place in big box
8:50 syphon most of the water out of tank
9:05 tank now more or less empty except for small amount of water for lr in weir and live sand

time for a cup of coffee

9:30 Mr Trod arrives
9:32 Mr Seffie and Mr Trod put tank into the estate
9:40 come back to tighten screw in cabinet
10:00 load cabinet into estate

hopefully leave................for YF

YF, if you pm me your mobile number then I will text you when they leave - journey should take two and half hours

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back