Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Would just like to say.....have been following this from the start.....and want to wish you all the luck in the world YF!!!!

I'm just a lurker....lol, can't afford to go salty, but it's been lovely watching all the support you're getting from everyone, especially your Marine Mummy and Auntie..... :lol:

So good luck honey, I'll be watching with great interest!!!!

Lisa x

Ps....I'm just about to go Brackish though....so I know how excited and scared you feel!!!!!

Hi dive girl - that's the route I took to marines, tropical, brackish then marine ----- will not be long before you are joining us :good:

Seffie x aka Marine Mummy

:fish:

i went tropical to marine but do like the look of mudskippers

DUDE! todays the day ;)

i want piccys :p i thought you would be on msn by now :lol:

cmon :p

Ok, so im back now.
Wow, the guy was completly amazing I think I was there for an hour chatting.
Took a look at his 6ft marine and it was such a beautiful site.
He gave me 12kgs of rock as we weighed it once I picked the peices I like and he let me have the 12kg.
He also gave me 2 frags I didnt really want them, but my dad made me take them.
And I didnt want to sound ungreatful, I just dont want to kill them.
I carnt remember what the frags are, I will email him for the names and then let you know.
I did try and take photos of the frags but my camera wouldnt focus.
I have already saw a brittle bug thing, and a worm I think its a brittle worm.
Looks like a kind of centipede thing, goodie or nastie you think?
I think the brittle bug (looked like a small brittle worm) is dead now.
I travelled the live rock damp for about 20 minutes till I got home, then put it in water.
Photos of the live rock:
wj9rg4.jpg

723wbk.jpg

Not sure if ur interested, but the water. I think I have about 115l so hopefully seffie will have 10ltrs in and around the tanks contents:
16hqij6.jpg

The guy was a reall kind guy. He told me if I need any help what so ever, just to email him as he knows what its like to be a beginner, as he was at that stage himself once. He also said when he frags a few more of his corals, he is going to sell quite a few but would be happy to donate a few to me so I was quite chuffed. I couldnt of asked for a better person to buy the rock off to be fair. Oh and if some of you remember I was ment to be get 10kgs for £30 off a guy. He knows him! He said "He buys live rock off all different people, puts led weights in them and then sells them on" So im glad I didnt go and buy them off him! Im off to my girlfriends mums meal at 7:30, grr. I want to sit here researching all night. My mum dragged me in town earlier she said "we will be in and out in less than an hour". Three hours later we was just leaving town, I dont mind though. We saw my uncle and he treated me to a Lyle and Scott top so im fairly happy. But as soon as I got in I ran into the LR and watched it making sure the heater was working, the powerhead was going around the rock enough and see what little bugs I have in the tank. Now my dad is on about setting his 40l for a marine. I told him you would push it with a shrimp & goby pair so I think he will go for that. Omg, im so exicted about tommorow. Seffie, could you email me tommorow with what time they left, so I can make sure that everything is ready for when they arrive.

YF

looking good, i remeber that stage! i spent ages scaping and rock watchin! Still have the pic of my very first scape too

Photo-0017.jpg

i was so chuffed :lol:

is the pump orite now? i would have thought it was just cos it hadnt been plugged in for ages.

Yeah the pump is brilliant now ben.
Just a quick question, Im sure I have a mushroom on the rock.
Its like flat just like rock, but its a red circle?
Could it be a crushed coral?
Also, there is kind of "Dust" on some of the rock, do you know what this is?

YF

it could well be a mushroom, best to take a pic to be sure.

Before you put the rock in the tank, i would take an aglae, 'dust', loose stuff and pest off. Then chuck the bit of water that its all in away.

Ok matey.
Hopefully seffie will transport the rock in water, so I can use that water.
Im just going to see if I can get a photo of that red thing.
Brb.

YF

Ok, got some pictures for you mate, I warn you my quality is very bad.

The red thing:
vcun8j.jpg

The dust algea:
2f0dr0w.jpg

And another unknown thing I circled, you can also see the red thing on this photo:
2iv18r7.jpg

What do you think of the photos?

YF

Cannot see alot in the pics sorry.

live rock looks good.

You put page 28 is wher the action begins, this only works if you have not customised board settings. Mine is set to 40 posts per page, therfore fo me the action begins on page 14.

Oh ok I will change it ASAP.
I know the pics arnt the best, I think a new camera is on order.

YF

I will do that tommorow when I upload the pictures of the tank setting up etc.

YF

Most reactions

Back