Wow these poor fish

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score

This article is really interesting

That is so sad. :(

It really is horrible what some people will do to Gods beautiful creations.:angry:

That is so sad. :(

It really is horrible what some people will do to Gods beautiful creations.:angry:
I totally agree. These animals are so amazing and beautiful and people just destroy what we have been given

I had heard some of this from other sources, :( I am not defending the betta breeders, but PETA has a habit of showing the worst. Years ago they went after local trappers, fur traders and mink ranchers near me. They also went after cattle ranchers and the slaughter houses and butchers. They also were against hunters and fishing.

Last edited:
A new PETA video exposé of Thailand’s betta fish industry documents entrenched neglect and cruelty to fish who are bred into a life of deprivation and suffering. The video shows bettas confined to tiny containers in water that barely covers their bodies. The eyewitness—who visited 10 breeding factories and packing operations, including two facilities that supply bettas to Petco —saw numerous dead bettas, many on the floor, likely having suffocated. Bettas were also deliberately left out of the water for long periods of time while workers sorted them for shipping.

-----------------
The above is copied from that website. They obviously don't realise Bettas are labyrinth fishes that can breath air from the atmosphere.

Now I have nothing against PETA and I think what they do has some benefit to help improve animal's lives. But they need to get their facts right and show both sides, not just the most horrific side, which makes the most dramatic news stories.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals. Am I right? :rofl:

But seriously, it’s a same to see these beautiful creatures destroyed like this. :(
I dont really like PETA, they kill animal more than they save them.

I dont really like PETA, they kill animal more than they save them.
I agree. They pretend that giving money each month will save animals, but only a little bit of money actually goes to saving the animal. The rest goes for there silly merchandise. :(

I agree. They pretend that giving money each month will save animals, but only a little bit of money actually goes to saving the animal. The rest goes for there silly merchandise. :(
And they even do a parody of the video game like pokemon and minecraft because they ‘torture’ animal in game. I mean you do in the game doesnt mean you do it in real life right? This is ridiculous https://www.cnet.com/news/peta-wages-war-on-pokemon-for-virtual-animal-cruelty/

I just saw your link, that really is sad. It teaches kids that this is acceptable! :oh:

Most reactions

Back