Woke Upto Around 500 Eggs From My Albino's Pics Of Hatched Fry

stiffler69

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Got up this morning to my tank been absolutely full of eggs their is hundreads of them all over the filter intake and glass, so ive scooped them all out and poped them into a floating trap with a airstone under it so the air bubbles are getting through the gaps in the trap hopefully i will have a much more successful hatching rate i have the tank set up and ready to accomadate them so fingers crossed ill get a few hatch

Thanks pictures to follow :good:

Hi thanks for the comments not all will hatch as some have gone white but the majority of them look like they should hatch id say around 70% thats if the fungus on the unfertilised ones doesnt take its toll on the fertilised ones, heres a pic anyway

This is from just one camera angle their is a equal amount of eggs on the other side of the trap aswell as the sides, i can beleive how many she layed

16032008532.jpg

Hi thanks for the comments not all will hatch as some have gone white but the majority of them look like they should hatch id say around 70% thats if the fungus on the unfertilised ones doesnt take its toll on the fertilised ones, heres a pic anyway

This is from just one camera angle their is a equal amount of eggs on the other side of the trap aswell as the sides, i can beleive how many she layed

16032008532.jpg

that is allot of eggs m8 :good:

Your picture won't work on my computer, stiffler69

Which Corys are these? Oh! never mind, I see, the albinos--aeneus?

I dont think there is 500 there, i think maybe 501 :lol:

Good pics m8, good luck with them :)

Cheers guys i had to move them last night had them floating in the plec tank and i noticed daddy bn making his way upto the trap think he was going to try and suck some through the gaps so i moved them to the cory growing out tank should be safer in their, this way when they hatch any that fall through the trap gaps will be fairly safe as their is only small young corys in the tank

Nothing just woke up to the eggs however i had a massive decrease in temp the night before because i unplugged my heater by a mistake so this more than likely triggered it i lost about 3-4 degrees on the normal temp

Hi drewy

Will let you know what comes of them, out of all the eggs i counted just over a 100 that had gone white so not feritilised, but the rest are looking good and no fungus has set in, from past experience it normally takes two days to hatch from been layed, so these were dropped early sunday morning, they should start hatching tomorrow afternoon.

Ill keep you posted

Most reactions

Back