When the sleeper wakes...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sounds like a good plan to me :)Im pretty sure Tyrion will agree also :hey:

Hope it works out for you and we see some fry in the not so distant future:fish:

Do the ghost shrimp get along with the cherry shrimp?

How many species of shrimp have you got?
All get along fine, though occasionally a Ghost will be a little more assertive at feeding time. The bigger Amano are beggars for nicking large chunks of shrimp pellet though.
I have Neocaridina: Blue Velvet, Red Cherry, Sunkist and Yellow Fire...and some mongrel sports.
I have Caridina (Amano) and Ghost Shrimp.
I have Bamboo/Wood Shrimp.

All seem to get by with the fish.

Reactions: CRS
Are you absolutely 100% sure that Shae isn't a Shane? ;)

All get along fine, though occasionally a Ghost will be a little more assertive at feeding time. The bigger Amano are beggars for nicking large chunks of shrimp pellet though.
I have Neocaridina: Blue Velvet, Red Cherry, Sunkist and Yellow Fire...and some mongrel sports.
I have Caridina (Amano) and Ghost Shrimp.
I have Bamboo/Wood Shrimp.

All seem to get by with the fish.

I would like some Sunkist, they had some at Pier aquatics in wigan, but didn't want to stock to fast, i only had cardinals before adding shrimp.
The guy at my local garden centre said sometimes they get black and white cherry shrimps to!

I see you have Kuhli loach, how do you find these? was told you rarely see them.

I see you have Kuhli loach, how do you find these? was told you rarely see them.
I have a gang of 12 and they're always very active, especially around feeding time. What's cute is that most of them arrive at the banquet in pairs and I've seen them spawning amongst my Salvinia roots.
My tank, as you can see, is very well planted, with lots of hidey holes and they certainly like browsing amidst the sand substrate and digging tunnels under my hairgrass.

So I managed to catch one of the smaller ladies and, after dismantling the tank, I eventually managed to net Tyrion and place him with the remaining two in what was the QT.
The smaller lady is now happily exploring the space in the SE Asia tank and I'll try and grab her companion tomorrow.

On re-assembling the tank and replacing plants and water, a movement caught my eye and I discovered that alongside the most teeny tiny baby shrimp, there were at least two different sorts of teeny tiny fish fry. Lordy knows what species...I've seen the kuhli loach and cherry barbs doing their thing, but who knows what goes on after lights out?

Happy days..
Tyrion hasn't killed either of the two ladies and, as far as I've observed, whilst clearly showing an interest, he hasn't been chasing either around the tank with the hectic determination I've seen others males offer. All three have been touching 'antennae'.
I'm now wondering whether or not to continue to remove the smaller lady to the big SE Asian tank, where she'll rejoin her 'sister', or put the isolated girl back into the tank with her sisters and Tyrion?

Sorry to burst onto your thread Bruce....

In relation to the Kuhli.....one of my normal suppliers has them at last (although too late for me to get them unless I get another aquarium)

Admittedly they are the black Kuhli....but still nice to finally see some available

They are based close to Gatwick airport, all fish bought from them by me have arrived by courier without any issues.

Sorry to burst onto your thread Bruce....

In relation to the Kuhli.....one of my normal suppliers has them at last (although too late for me to get them unless I get another aquarium)

Admittedly they are the black Kuhli....but still nice to finally see some available

They are based close to Gatwick airport, all fish bought from them by me have arrived by courier without any issues.
No worries at all...I post my Journal for myself and others to get some benefit. Apparently, kuhli aren't too difficult to get hold off, tho' the black ones are more rare. A Maidenhead near me had a load of standards in and they were really small, long, but less than 3mm in diameter. Loads of them...looking well cute.
Well worth getting a larger number. I previously had a group of 8 and I thought they were really visible, but my current, bigger group, is even more active.

Meanwhile, a new addition to the tank in the form of a young Bristlenose Ancistrus Cirrhosus.

View attachment 140966

It's not very big at this moment in time;

View attachment 140967

EDIT: Plants and animals in bold text.
"And you're planning to move it into a bigger tank when it grows up."

The fish you have, fine pictures btw, look great. Looks like a healthy lot. Since they are, have you thought about getting several more of one or more of the 3 species from the current group at your LFS? Is your quarantine tank cycled? Can you hold off on cory?

"And you're planning to move it into a bigger tank when it grows up."
You've asked the questions without really reading the rest of the Blog...but to summarise;
No.
The fish you have, fine pictures btw, look great. Looks like a healthy lot.
Thank you.
Since they are, have you thought about getting several more of one or more of the 3 species from the current group at your LFS?
Several more of what?..and no, as I believe that both tanks are now stocked to a limit. ;)
Is your quarantine tank cycled?
Yes, but not in the manner favoured by the Forum Mods. Plants, bogwood and a rock, water and media from the established tanks were used in setting up the QT, which also had a nitrite/nitrate remover media in the filter. Parameters have been good and safe since Day 1.
Can you hold off on cory?
I have a very content group of Pygmy Cory.

You've asked the questions without really reading the rest of the Blog...but to summarise;
No.

Thank you.

Several more of what?..and no, as I believe that both tanks are now stocked to a limit. ;)

Yes, but not in the manner favoured by the Forum Mods. Plants, bogwood and a rock, water and media from the established tanks were used in setting up the QT, which also had a nitrite/nitrate remover media in the filter. Parameters have been good and safe since Day 1.

I have a very content group of Pygmy Cory.
Indeed, the entire thread was not read.
👯👯👯🤣

Most reactions

Back