What Stocking In My 9 Ft Tank As A Community

I'd plant that tank up to bursting point, get it looking great and stock it with an absolutely VAST shoal of something like Chilli rasboros , Normans lampeyes, or some other single species of really small fish that will pack together in a tight block. Then perhaps add a group of centrepiece fish to really stand out. Moonlight gouramis for example.

That would look seriously stunning. :good:

yeah but i cant afford that as the lighting and every thing would cost a bomb and id like a community

do you know if guppys will get on with the others

and the rummy nose if theyle get on

You could always use good quality silk plants *shrug*

Rummies should get on with everything, but I would avoid the guppies TBH, tetras are known for being nippy and all those long tails would be too tempting I think. Plus the angels may chomp the smaller ones or just shred them .

yeah ime gonna go with silk an easy grow live

yeah that was my worry with the guppys could i have a single female betta in there (want something ill bearly ever see but will sometimes like so its sort of a spot the fish thing) if that made sense

could i have a single female betta in there

You certainly could do yes, but a group would look better and although they won't really school together, they would still come out and be seen. I think a single female might look rather lost and alone in there on her own.

A group of 10 or so should be ok, good strong girls, not little tiny things who might get picked on. There would be more than enough room for each to have her own spot to patrol, which will temper any agression and pecking order behaviour for territory.

yeah ime gonna go with silk an easy grow live

yeah that was my worry with the guppys could i have a single female betta in there (want something ill bearly ever see but will sometimes like so its sort of a spot the fish thing) if that made sense

Angels + Guppies = Risky

Guppy + Betta = Risky

Betta + Angels = Very Risky

so im confused

if i had this

150 cardinal tetra
50 bleeding heart tetra
50 Columbian tetra
50 rummy nose tetra
20 angels
20 rainbows
30 cories
6 bn plecs

could i have 10 female bettas a jonty sais no but honeythorn sais yes :huh:

yeh 10 is fine, I thought you meant 1 and imagined a little betta surrounded by 20 angels

oh cool so its

150 cardinal tetra
50 bleeding heart tetra
50 Columbian tetra
50 rummy nose tetra
20 angels
20 rainbows
30 cories
6 bn plecs
10 female bettas

any more ideas

oh god im confused

i like the idea of male guppys but dont know if the angels would or the tetras would dislike them

a 9ft tank..........

lots and lots of options including some monsters

i have mentioned this before but i would love a british river system tank

at 9ft with a good flow i think you could do it

minnows, gudgeon, perch -- gamble , small bream, maybe some brown trout..........pike would be amazing but i think you would need a far bigger tank for them, dace, roach, rudd, ruff, or even sticklebacks ..........i think it could be a fascinating project
thats what i would go for. ive always loved the idear of a tank like that. with pike, perch, zander and eels with some tench and a massive shoal of roach.

i really wouldnt risk bettas and angels i think the bettas will get battered espesially if the angel breed.

i dont know what to do XD

two say yes 1 say no but its still a no

Most reactions

Back