What Paint To Use?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

brandi_k1985

Reaction score
Ok so this may sound a little odd. The house my parents bought 15 yrs ago has a built in fish pond. The pond is in the walk out basement with spiral stairs going above it to the upstairs and a railing going around the pond. The pond is in the ground. The pond and stairs are made from steel/metal. Ill get pics as soon as i can. The pond was painted a light blue from the previous owners. Its started to get rust spots about 8yrs ago so i painted it with tractor paint, no primer. That paint has been chipping off slowly for the past 5 yrs at least. But now more rust is showing thru. The origanal paint is still sticking on fine, just rust is coming thru. I want to repaint it again, but i dont know what kind of paint to use. I thought about using rustolium with primer this time, but i read somewhere its not good for water submertion. Also thought about the spray on bed liner for trucks? I just need something to stop the rust and will last a while. By the way the pond is about 8ftx10ftx3ft deep. The water is never filled all the way to the top, 2 feet deep at the most. Please give me any ideas you may have. Thanks

Swimming pool paint. Google it and you should find options and colors. 
good.gif

Or for more color choices, boat hull paint. Any ship chandler supplies will stock a huge range.

Wow - sounds awesome.  It would be interesting to see some pics!

I'm guessing that whatever paint you choose needs to be fish friendly!

Most reactions

Back