What Happened To The 'older' Members

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i think that couldnt have been better said to be honest. came from the heart.

thats is seconded. i think this should be put to the mods. also, it would not need heavily modding as people would be well behaved. i mean having a mod around is nice, and they are knowledgable but its not essential although the mods will be invited in of course because they all know their 'area'. i wait for the answers with so much hope, its almost like OCD!

In terms of mods for the new area maybe Nelly could be promoted as she is a long suffering oldie of the forum and maybe a couple of other early 05/06 members

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: ive been called a few things in my time,,,i know i know the name nelly sounds feminine but it was because of nelly the elephant and it stuck :look:

thats is seconded. i think this should be put to the mods. also, it would not need heavily modding as people would be well behaved. i mean having a mod around is nice, and they are knowledgable but its not essential although the mods will be invited in of course because they all know their 'area'. i wait for the answers with so much hope, its almost like OCD!

In terms of mods for the new area maybe Nelly could be promoted as she is a long suffering oldie of the forum and maybe a couple of other early 05/06 members

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: ive been called a few things in my time,,,i know i know the name nelly sounds feminine but it was because of nelly the elephant and it stuck :look:

Well you do wear a D cup, right?lol

nellys a "lady" ( one of those "ladies" off little britain,) eh nelly, even has the hat :lol: and he cant deny that the pic is in his profile :lol:

nelly, i love you :lol:

shelagh xxxx

:lol: this is the light hearted banter that has been missing the last month or 2.

I agree with a lot of things said on here. I personally have not seen many reasons for older members to leave. Me personally just because people don't take advise or the same questions keep popping up is not a reason to leave. I mean come on people its a forum I hate to see how you handle the real world. I do admit I have seen a few new people who if I seen in person and was talked to like that would need a attitude adjustment. I also have seen older members act the same way on a regular basis. I have also seen may threads go way off topic and its usually not done by the poster that can piss people off. One thing I have seen that tends to piss older members off is the same questions popping up all the time. I agree they can get old, however remember we were all new one time the first things older members say is use the search button. If thats what we all did then we might as well shut the forum down and use goggle. My advise to them is don't read it and don't respond. Some people here I have noticed just like to get things started and yes its older members. I personally love this forum I have learned everything I know about fish here. Lets just all try to get along. :drinks: :friends:

Erk, Not to go off topic, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see a fellow Ohioan here...I'm in Akron.

Erk, Not to go off topic, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see a fellow Ohioan here...I'm in Akron.

I agree I think your one of the first I have seen from Ohio, besides one of my buddies but he don't get on anymore. :drinks:

yes i cannot deny it any more shela
this is me on the left
Little-Britain-COVER.jpg

i know this topic has gone off topic as per usual but anyway...

i've stopped posting as much as i used to because i think alot of peoples attitudes stink on here and i dont enjoy talking to people on here as much as i used too

i know this topic has gone off topic as per usual but anyway...

i've stopped posting as much as i used to because i think alot of peoples attitudes stink on here and i dont enjoy talking to people on here as much as i used too

For me personally I don't come on here to make friends or to just "talk" to people theres plenty of chat rooms for that. I come on here for two reasons which I think a lot of member's forget about. One to learn and two to help others. All of us on here have one thing in common we keep fish and we enjoy it. I think if we can remember that and stick to that idea we well all be fine.

): I joined a few months ago. I could have joined last year, but didn't really bother.

): Hope im not causing any problems, or the rest of the poeple that join.

The ones who I think of that just joined that are really, a pain is that guy that traded his barbs for a bala with his discuses, and angels and Murderer, the guy who talks too much slang. ):

): I joined a few months ago. I could have joined last year, but didn't really bother.

): Hope im not causing any problems, or the rest of the poeple that join.

The ones who I think of that just joined that are really, a pain is that guy that traded his barbs for a bala with his discuses, and angels and Murderer, the guy who talks too much slang. ):

This right here is what gets things started and gets threads locked. Lets please not mention peoples names, all that is going to do is start things that don't need to be started.

Most reactions

Back