What Happened To The 'older' Members

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i don't see alot of the names that i did when i first joined but thankfully i still see some.

thats is seconded. i think this should be put to the mods. also, it would not need heavily modding as people would be well behaved. i mean having a mod around is nice, and they are knowledgable but its not essential although the mods will be invited in of course because they all know their 'area'. i wait for the answers with so much hope, its almost like OCD!

In terms of mods for the new area maybe Nelly could be promoted as she is a long suffering oldie of the forum and maybe a couple of other early 05/06 members

This area could contain advanced questions and would only include people who wanted to ask and then listen intently to the answers. And Only fish talk allowed.

We already have it. It's called the 'Scientific Section'.

You can't really have a section for experienced members as such, because what is the definition of an experienced member? Who would decide who is experienced enough?

I don't think it's really feasible.

Cheers

BTT

In terms of mods for the new area maybe Nelly could be promoted as she is a long suffering oldie of the forum and maybe a couple of other early 05/06 members

think you mean He, Lol

I have to admit that I agree with a lot of things said here

thats is seconded. i think this should be put to the mods. also, it would not need heavily modding as people would be well behaved. i mean having a mod around is nice, and they are knowledgable but its not essential although the mods will be invited in of course because they all know their 'area'. i wait for the answers with so much hope, its almost like OCD!

it shouldnt matter what year they joined to wether they are promoted to a mod, as they could of been a member for years and years but hardly contribute to the forum.

i know but it does greater increase the chance of getting a good mod if they are still here and i meant regular posters

have a private vote on it, that way the best person will be chosen.

arrrr I don't know it was just a suggestion maybe have a list of people and vote in a new mod. I don't know :sad:

it will not happen anyway, we both know it, maybe just keep the banter between us eh!!! it was a nice thought jazzzz

Should this not be something that the site owner and existing mods should be discussing behind closed doors?

IMHO, it's not the sort of thing that should be discussed in open forum as it can lead to unrest and start accusations of favouritism amongst other things (I've been there several times and got the T-shirt).

i used to love this forum i really did,its not was it was a few months ago,no one in particular is to blame,but theres a lot of sniping,rude comments and frankly timewasters who ask for advice and cant be bothered to act on it,and having spoken to a lot of other members,its not only me that feels like this either,this is also apparent obviously from this thread.
im not an "old" member ( one word from u nelly!! lol) but everything i learned about fish i learnt from here, but that whole atmosphere is slowley slipping away, we could have a laugh, joke.. but not anymore, :unsure:
and another thing that really gets my goat is the way a certain member of this forum, a very devoted member and very highly regarded memeber has been treated recently, and does she stop giving advice ?, does she heck! and yet people still have to be reminded to pull there heads, in shut their mouths and say thankyou! :crazy:
so newbies, when you are given advice, please bear in mind that the ones giving it to you ( wether you know better or not) are giving up free time to help you out, and a few kind words in the right places makes a hell of a lot of diffrence,not a lot to ask is it :)
shelagh xxx

i used to love this forum i really did,its not was it was a few months ago,no one in particular is to blame,but theres a lot of sniping,rude comments and frankly timewasters who ask for advice and cant be bothered to act on it,and having spoken to a lot of other members,its not only me that feels like this either,this is also apparent obviously from this thread.
im not an "old" member ( one word from u nelly!! lol) but everything i learned about fish i learnt from here, but that whole atmosphere is slowley slipping away, we could have a laugh, joke.. but not anymore, :unsure:
and another thing that really gets my goat is the way a certain member of this forum, a very devoted member and very highly regarded memeber has been treated recently, and does she stop giving advice ?, does she heck! and yet people still have to be reminded to pull there heads, in shut their mouths and say thankyou! :crazy:
so newbies, when you are given advice, please bear in mind that the ones giving it to you ( wether you know better or not) are giving up free time to help you out, and a few kind words in the right places makes a hell of a lot of diffrence,not a lot to ask is it :)
shelagh xxx

Very well said shelagh!

:good:

Most reactions

Back