What are you doing today?

I've been making cushion covers. The curtains are hung, and there's enough fabric cut from between each curtain length for the pattern repeat to make 13 cushion covers. I don't intend to make that many, maybe 8 to have some spare during washing.

Wishing that I had enough trust in my apartment floor for a 75 gallon tank! Just saw the following on a Facebook aquarium group I'm on.
selling a 75g tank. with driftwood, fluval, and cascade filtration. full set up ready to go. I need gone by tomorrow afternoon. tank is currently up and running, just no fish in it. $120.00. for everything. need gone Tomorrow afternoon.

My scientific article was published today in a journal!

Well, I also went to the gym, as I have been doing since about March 2022 (part of this is because I was trying to flirt with a girl... I wrote so much about this in my book! [1]). However, I found out that despite the exercises, I gained weight and some body fat. Because of this, the instructor gave me even harder exercises.

Finished a short book about the political context involving the Real Plan. I will try to read the book from José Murilo de Carvalho.

I hope JuiceBox52 finds a neurosurgeon.

[1] The girl lately would start a relationship with a weird guy, while I am trying to investigate even more about the brine shrimp during my term paper research.

Just got this new bass lure. Can't wait to test it out!!
20240223_221401.jpg

Tuesday afternoon we learned that I am internally decapitated. My skull is detached (dislocated) from my cervical spine. Im currently in a cervical collar, possibly moving up to a halo vest very soon while we await surgery to realign and fuse my skull back onto my spine.

However, due to my genetic connective tissue disease, I cannot see just any neurosurgeon. There are very few surgeons who regularly do this surgery as it is, and many will not take EDS patients.

After much research done by both my neurologist and ourselves, there are three surgeons who we feel safe and comfortable trusting with this very dangerous procedure, one in Maryland, one in New York, and one in Barcelona, Spain.

All of them have significant waitlists. Spain is looking the most promising, he’s the most highly recommended and people fly worldwide to see him, but it would be an out of pocket cost, not covered by insurance.

This is also (obviously) delaying my much needed abdominal and hip repair surgery In Philadelphia, which sucks as I am in a lot of pain without abdominal muscles attached

Anyway, there’s a lot happening, some very scary things. Prayers are appreciated in making this decision and we hope that doors will open to make it possible to get this repaired as quickly as possible.

It’s a miracle I’m alive and functioning at all, yes I do have some SEVERE symptoms and complications, but the survival rate is low and even lower to maintain functionality, so I’m very grateful I’m still here, and grateful for my amazing neurologist who has never given up on me, even when all the other doctors told me I was crazy, and that nothing was wrong.

Today is Self Care Saturday! I've been looking forward to this all week :D

I've banned myself from paperwork or business concerns.
No chores or to-do lists today either, only the usual essentials.

Means after giving Pixie her breakfast and fixing myself a coffee, I'm going to have a long, hot soak in the tub, with some candles, a good book and great music, and gradually and consciously relax every muscle in my body. Then have a good wash, rinse in the shower so I feel properly clean and can rinse my long hair.

Second coffee while I get dried, dressed and finally finish waking up and booting up my brain, greet the parrots for the morning call to the flock, fuss and give them their breakfast and fresh water. Then take Pixie for a long walk, going a different route and to a lovely little area we haven't been to in a while. Need to drop in a get well soon card to a neighbour with an offer to take his dog out or help care for his birds if he needs it, and my number.

Once home, ask bro to set up the TV and DVD player in the living room - I'm planning to play some old Disney films I found on mum's shelf that I loved as a kid and didn't know we had, so will play one of those while pottering indoors, but if weather permits, I'm hoping to get to do some gardening today.

Haven't been doing a lot of self care for months now, so after giving Pixie a good groom, will dye my hair, or give myself a mani-pedi, whichever takes my fancy!

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend. :)

Today I am in search of Pygmy Corys. I’ll start with CTE Aquatics, a fabulous locally owned fish store. Their specialty is saltwater but they also have a great selection of fresh water fish. If I strike out, dare I go to Petsmart or Petco?? Or should I mail order from Aqua Huna. Aqua Huna is terrific but it is a 5 day journey for the livestock from Washington state to my home.

Today I am in search of Pygmy Corys. I’ll start with CTE Aquatics, a fabulous locally owned fish store. Their specialty is saltwater but they also have a great selection of fresh water fish. If I strike out, dare I go to Petsmart or Petco?? Or should I mail order from Aqua Huna. Aqua Huna is terrific but it is a 5 day journey for the livestock from Washington state to my home.
Last I checked aquahuna only ships priority mail. 1-3 days across the whole US.

Last I checked aquahuna only ships priority mail. 1-3 days across the whole US.
You are correct. But my last two shipments took 5 days. I Lost several fish. You can trust USPS. Now Aqua Huna reimbursed me for my loss. So that’s good.

@WhistlingBadger
I finally was able to take out my bow I got years ago and use it this week!
I'm definitely not a natural lol. But I've been getting better!
Cool. What are you shooting? I'm pretty out of practice myself. I think that profile pic last fall might have been my last practice session. Usually muscle memory kicks in fairly fast once I start shooting again.

I'm about to start putting the finishing touches on a hickory recurve I've been working on. I scorched one of the tips when I was heat treating it, so it might break, but I'm reasonably optimistic.

Shame you're not in the UK, I've sold or traded groups of 6-8 of my juvenile pygmies from my breeding colony when getting overstocked, and given groups to hobbyist contacts that I know will take good care of them, just so I know they're in good hands! It's still hard to "sell" my babies 😭 and feels a bit wrong to me, somehow. But I'd happily gift a group to a hobbyist like you if you weren't so far away.

I'm obviously not in the US so this is just opinion, but if you have a quality separated QT tank with its own equipment, which I'm sure you do, know what you're doing so you can examine the fish and general state of the fish in the store tanks that day- ditto, that if you strike out elsewhere, I'd probably risk one of the big chains when it's a species like pygmy cories, and not guppies or something, and if you do a long QT. You know what you're doing! But do update if you wind up getting any, or have a tale to tell when you check out the stores.

Congratulations @Lanpenn . What is the article?

@JuiceBox52 wow, hope you get connected with someone soon. We used to treat atlantoaxial subluxations in my last job (animals obs), very delicate surgery. As long as it was diagnosed quickly enough the animals were in quickly for treatment. I find it crazy that people with this condition have to wait so long for treatment when it is a condition that requires swift attention. Strangely enough, I treated someone with this condition last week, and know how debilitating it can be, they also had to wait for treatment. I hope the symptoms aren’t permanent and reverse once you access the care you so urgently need.

Most reactions

Back