What are you doing today?

Usually, yes, even in cities considered "safe" by Brazilians, although even so, it varies by region (Northeast and North are the worst regions in crime rates, while the Southern region is the best). Is possible that this can improve for now where I live (São Paulo state) because at least the new governor seems interested in solving the issues, well, he went on the UN military mission in Haiti in 2004. The US Department of State isn't wrong on its travel advisory.

Impunity here is high (just see the current Brazilian president, who was condemned for corruption) and it's been a chronic issue for decades. After this, I didn't get surprised by anything else (a few years ago, an attack like this happened where I live) and I don't understand how Brazilians still get surprised. This and other things are one of the reasons I intend to live in another country.
Yeh totally different here in Scalloway where i live most nights i leave my house door unlocked same with car unlocked occasionally forget i have left the keys in it, though as we are on an island there is no where for them to go with the cars so stealing cars is non existent, there is crime here but very safe alround.

Hip was dislocated and didn’t even notice until I realized my foot was backwards while we were talking lol

Bonus cute pup pics
360D0437-51CE-4B3B-BB68-0C89B92A688B.jpeg
FDF41D84-979D-46FC-8B8D-AD5DED2FFF43.jpeg
657AE942-482A-4757-A851-DF5DA5B31382.jpeg

Attachments

• 5F3A4586-9C85-40DB-A99A-01AC7C9EE8C5.jpeg
    5F3A4586-9C85-40DB-A99A-01AC7C9EE8C5.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 12
Just got back from the grocery store and I’m a bit peeved . These scalpers are ripping people off . Prices through the roof while the size gets smaller . Oh , but it’s inflation or supply chain issues or government policies or etc. , etc. , etc . . . .
No ! It’s plain old fashioned price gouging and greed . Be honest Mr . Businessman .

Just got back from the grocery store and I’m a bit peeved . These scalpers are ripping people off . Prices through the roof while the size gets smaller . Oh , but it’s inflation or supply chain issues or government policies or etc. , etc. , etc . . . .
No ! It’s plain old fashioned price gouging and greed . Be honest Mr . Businessman .
Nothing new. I first noticed when containers of ice cream went from a half gallon to 1.5 quarts for the same price many years ago.

Wonderful day for the opening Sunday of the NFL. My Cleveland Browns destroyed the Cincinnati Bengals 24-3 and it really wasn't that close as the Browns' defense held the Bengals to a total of less than 150 yards offense. The first 7 posessions for the Bengals were all three and out... 7 possessions without a single first down. Nice job defense!

And the Pittsburgh Steelers lost which is always a good thing. ;)
misc106.gif

I guess Franco Harris ain’t never coming back @jaylach .
Thank the football gods for that but I'd rather see him than Swan and Stalworth!

Actually I found it pretty amazing that the Browns' defense only gave up 37 yards passing to Cinnci in the first half.

We're supposed to be hosting a youth devotional in the canyon in about 40 minutes, but we just got the word that a huge thunderstorm is about to roll through with ping-pong sized hail and 60 mph winds. Hmmm, how memorable do we REALLY want this devotional to be?

We're supposed to be hosting a youth devotional in the canyon in about 40 minutes, but we just got the word that a huge thunderstorm is about to roll through with ping-pong sized hail and 60 mph winds. Hmmm, how memorable do we REALLY want this devotional to be?
War zone memories

Today and yesterday have been chaos. Today we had a meet and greet with the boarding facility where Marcello will be staying, one of my bridesmaids backed out and is angry at everyone and so I had to figure out what to do for people walking for the processional, I have to figure out post wedding transportation, met and picked up the last few items for the wedding, picked up stuff for my bridesmaids gift baskets, took a painting to the brewery to hang and I’m not even half done with my day lol

Today and yesterday have been chaos. Today we had a meet and greet with the boarding facility where Marcello will be staying, one of my bridesmaids backed out and is angry at everyone and so I had to figure out what to do for people walking for the processional, I have to figure out post wedding transportation, met and picked up the last few items for the wedding, picked up stuff for my bridesmaids gift baskets, took a painting to the brewery to hang and I’m not even half done with my day lol
Na na nana... Even though many call a wedding the big day of a woman's life they tend to have to put in more effort to get it done. The guy pretty much just has to not chicken out and end up showing up.

Never ever ever trust te guys in the wedding party!!!!!!! My 'supposedly' best man convinced me that he needed the keys to my apartment to get the paper work and stuff to return the tuxes the next day. Being a little bit wasted at the time I gave him the key. Got back to the apartment and the fridge door was facing the wall and just about all the furniture was up-side-down. I was ALMOST quick enough but not quite. About the time I got the word 'don't' out of my mouth the bucket of water balanced at the top of the bedroom door soaked her. Personally I thought it pretty funny but her opinion wasn't exactly the same. ;)

Na na nana... Even though many call a wedding the big day of a woman's life they tend to have to put in more effort to get it done. The guy pretty much just has to not chicken out and end up showing up.

Never ever ever trust te guys in the wedding party!!!!!!! My 'supposedly' best man convinced me that he needed the keys to my apartment to get the paper work and stuff to return the tuxes the next day. Being a little bit wasted at the time I gave him the key. Got back to the apartment and the fridge door was facing the wall and just about all the furniture was up-side-down. I was ALMOST quick enough but not quite. About the time I got the word 'don't' out of my mouth the bucket of water balanced at the top of the bedroom door soaked her. Personally I thought it pretty funny but her opinion wasn't exactly the same. ;)
That’s really funny 😂 love it. I’m definitely a prank admirer if it’s a good one

Thankfully my fiancé is more than happy to help, but a lot of the stuff he just CANT do, like most of the DIY projects

And yay! Someone knew I was freaking out about the bridesmaid being rude and leaving and offered to step in and fill her place for me

That’s really funny 😂 love it. I’m definitely a prank admirer if it’s a good one

Thankfully my fiancé is more than happy to help, but a lot of the stuff he just CANT do, like most of the DIY projects

And yay! Someone knew I was freaking out about the bridesmaid being rude and leaving and offered to step in and fill her place for me
I'm not surprised that someone stepped in to solve the issue. In reality I don't know you much at all but your posts come across as thoughtful and sensitive. Again, not at all surprised that someone stepped in. :)

BTW!, I'm STILL waiting for my invite... ;) Since I'm in Wyoming it's just a day trip each way but I need directions...
LOL.gif

I'm not surprised that someone stepped in to solve the issue. In reality I don't know you much at all but your posts come across as thoughtful and sensitive. Again, not at all surprised that someone stepped in. :)

BTW!, I'm STILL waiting for my invite... ;) Since I'm in Wyoming it's just a day trip each way but I need directions... View attachment 326913
Aw thanks :)

Message me for the address 🙃

Most reactions

Back