What are you doing today?

Personally I think I like it better with the bed topper. Just me but a long cab with a short bed just seems to look unbalanced. :dunno:
I can see what you mean. To me bed toppers ruin the look of a truck. It also isn't that practical for putting kayaks in the back :)

I can see what you mean. To me bed toppers ruin the look of a truck. It also isn't that practical for putting kayaks in the back :)
LOL! Put back the topper and put a 'carry rack' on the cab for the kayaks. ;) Just kidding as it is about what you like not what I like. ;)

I've never done kayaks but did a lot of canoe many, MANY, years ago. In northern Ontario Canada, I once shot a 12 mile set of rapids that dropped a bit over 300 feet in a 12 foot Langford canvas covered wood canoe with a river keel, NICE canoe but NOT cheap!

Great for camping out wherever the elk are, though! :lol: 🏹

I've always valued practicality over looks in my trucks. As long as it gets me where I need to go and does what I need it to do, I don't worry too much about how it looks.

That said, I sure wouldn't turn it down if somebody gave me one of these beauties.
images

Or even one of these.
2952-hero-2024-jeep-wrangler-4xe.jpg

But nobody seems to be offering free ones. So Ol' Blue the Dodge will do. As the bumper sticker says, don't laugh; it's paid for. And I can sleep in it. Good enough. :lol:

My Dad had a dodge once; a lovely little red car; it lasted until the bottom rusted out but then he continue to drive it - he just had to make sure that if his foot wasn't on the peddle it wasn't on the road. Then my sister drove it and that little ol dodge dart couldn't dodge the big tree she found. Smack no more dodge dart.

My Dad had a dodge once; a lovely little red car; it lasted until the bottom rusted out but then he continue to drive it - he just had to make sure that if his foot wasn't on the peddle it wasn't on the road. Then my sister drove it and that little ol dodge dart couldn't dodge the big tree she found. Smack no more dodge dart.
Every so often a car comes off the assembly line that seems to have nine lives . I had a 1978 Subaru wagon that I drove for years and it lasted me and two daughters driving it . One daughter finally traded it on a new Subaru and we saw that ‘78 running around town for several years afterwards .

Every so often a car comes off the assembly line that seems to have nine lives . I had a 1978 Subaru wagon that I drove for years and it lasted me and two daughters driving it . One daughter finally traded it on a new Subaru and we saw that ‘78 running around town for several years afterwards .
Still driving my 1950's Dodge pick-up although I changed it to a flatbed in the 70's. Used it as a daily driver for about 5 years in the late 70's and have used it as a workhorse around the place ever since. Burns no oil, starts everyday despite sometimes sitting for a while, and is a brute in the snow or mud. Might use it as a casket when the time comes in the far away future. :D

Today is shopping day. Linda has decided to stock the pantry heavily with nonperishables just in case. She plans on a six-month supply of staples in storage by weeks end. She is pessimistic about current events. Me, I just go with the flow but cannot disagree with her in this. I suppose that is part of the flow.

That was a really funny story, right up to the end. Hope your sister was OK. I had a friend in high school, back in the late 80s, with a Dart. Really cool little car, but kind of felt like a tank under the skin. I'm guessing it isn't the worst car to be in in a crash.

I drive an 01 Dakota sport 4x4. It's starting to have the problems that an old, hard-driven truck has, but it still gets me where I need to go, and the repair bills are a lot cheaper than a truck payment. It's a little under-powered and sometimes I miss my old Ranger, and it really isn't practical at all as a family vehicle...but it gets the job done, more or less.

That was a really funny story, right up to the end. Hope your sister was OK. I had a friend in high school, back in the late 80s, with a Dart. Really cool little car, but kind of felt like a tank under the skin. I'm guessing it isn't the worst car to be in in a crash.

I drive an 01 Dakota sport 4x4. It's starting to have the problems that an old, hard-driven truck has, but it still gets me where I need to go, and the repair bills are a lot cheaper than a truck payment. It's a little under-powered and sometimes I miss my old Ranger, and it really isn't practical at all as a family vehicle...but it gets the job done, more or less.
She was fine my dad replaced it with a rabbit and a few weeks later my other sister totaled it.

Most reactions

Back