What are you doing today?

going to go get my nails done with my best friend later. Sheā€™s getting married to one of my childhood friends on Friday Iā€™m so excited for them!!šŸ„° unfortunately I wonā€™t be able to go to the wedding but I did throw her a little bachelorette party and Iā€™ve helped her as much as I could with planning and prep, as any good would-be maid of honor would

Today I completed my first day of training for the certificate "professional competence for fish farming". I don't think it was that difficult. I was also able to read all the teaching materials in advance. I'll take the exam next month.

Iā€™ve visited a church in the capital city of out province. One of the things I like to do is paying visits to older churches. I love the way theyā€™re build and their interiors.
D45945D8-B48A-4947-B728-7D1FBE7C0775.jpeg73EF3A7F-102A-4DE2-BC6D-9D2688093010.jpegBE005F41-B285-4B30-95BB-984793E3264A.jpeg08A4EA51-59F0-49C7-9403-33001FE3DAEE.jpegA57A6022-D466-4B70-89EC-D4C11FF6A862.jpeg

Checkout Saint Patrick Cathedral, Washington national cathedral, the Cathedral, Basilica of Saint Louis, holy Virgin cathedral, Cathedral of Mary our Queen, need to go on.
Well , maybe I over generalized . I should have said something you NEVER see in the backwoods of Montana . Still , I think that nothing in this country comes close to anything in Europe .

Well , maybe I over generalized . I should have said something you NEVER see in the backwoods of Montana . Still , I think that nothing in this country comes close to anything in Europe .
Very true. But their history is older and coincides with the peak, power and influence of the Catholic Church. Find me a Grand Canyon or a Yellowstone in Europe. Not to mention Europe gave us two World Wars and a holocaust all within a mere fifty years. God Bless America.

Very true. But their history is older and coincides with the peak, power and influence of the Catholic Church. Find me a Grand Canyon or a Yellowstone in Europe. Not to mention Europe gave us two World Wars and a holocaust all within a mere fifty years. God Bless America.
Yes , their much older history accounts for Europeā€™s architecture along with the wealth of Rome but outside small pockets of wilderness they donā€™t hold a candle to North American wilderness . I live about 120 miles from Yellowstone , as the crow flies , and in between there we have the Beartooth Mountains with the largest land mass above 10,000 feet of any range in Western North America . The best part ? There are areas of the Beartoothā€™s where once I walk five to ten miles past the trailhead I will rarely see another living soul . Magnificent solitude . Find that in Europe .

The University of Wyoming Symphony and Choir did Mozart's Requiem recently. I wasn't there but saw some of the recording. It was epic.
Yes , their much older history accounts for Europeā€™s architecture along with the wealth of Rome but outside small pockets of wilderness they donā€™t hold a candle to North American wilderness . I live about 120 miles from Yellowstone , as the crow flies , and in between there we have the Beartooth Mountains with the largest land mass above 10,000 feet of any range in Western North America . The best part ? There are areas of the Beartoothā€™s where once I walk five to ten miles past the trailhead I will rarely see another living soul . Magnificent solitude . Find that in Europe .
Ever drive the Beartooth Highway? That has to rank high on the list of most wonderfully terrifying roads in the world.

I was talking to a truck driver friend who delivered a D-9 Cat to clear an avalanche up there a few years ago. He arrived in the middle of the night. He said, "You know it's a crazy road when you're wondering who the idiot is in front of you riding their brakes, then you realize you're seeing your own taillights."

We kindly thank you for your service... Yes, the States and Canada have been of an overwelming importance in liberating occupied parts of Europe during WW2.
Well, I love a lot of America's nature. But I do have to say that certain European countries have a great wilderness as well. And I don't mean our country. For we probably have the dullest landscape of all European countries. The landscape is really flat in our country. We call a hill already a mountain overhere...

@WhistlingBadger Iā€™ve driven the Beartooth Highway dozens and dozens of times over the past fifty years and I never get tired of it but only once at night and that was enough . Too dark and too scary at night . Another road that is very impressive is the road that goes from Lovell up over The Bighorn Mountains to Dayton . I stopped and watched some hang glider guys up there once and that blew me away . The Bighorns are as nice as The Beartooths and have the tallest peak in Wyoming and is also home to the USā€™s first grade VI alpine wall climb on Mt. Hooker . Both these magnificent mountain ranges are so close to each other they might actually be considered the same range and together make up a wilderness bigger than most eastern US states .

@WhistlingBadger Iā€™ve driven the Beartooth Highway dozens and dozens of times over the past fifty years and I never get tired of it but only once at night and that was enough . Too dark and too scary at night . Another road that is very impressive is the road that goes from Lovell up over The Bighorn Mountains to Dayton . I stopped and watched some hang glider guys up there once and that blew me away . The Bighorns are as nice as The Beartooths and have the tallest peak in Wyoming and is also home to the USā€™s first grade VI alpine wall climb on Mt. Hooker . Both these magnificent mountain ranges are so close to each other they might actually be considered the same range and together make up a wilderness bigger than most eastern US states .
Yeah, the Bighorns do blend into the Beartooths which blend into the Absorokas which blend into the Wind River Range. I think you could pretty easily walk from the outskirts of Lander to the outskirts of Redlodge without ever going below 9,000. Wouldn't that be a great trip?

But the claim of tallest peak in Wyoming goes to our Wind River Range, with Gannett Peak, at 13,800 ish. Cloud Peak is around 13,4 if I remember right. Cloud was the first legit big mountain I ever climbed. It's absolutely magnificent up there. I believe Hooker is in the Winds too, isn't it?

Sadly I didn't ride a motorcycle when I got acquainted with this road but the Cascade Pass between Spokane and Seattle Washington would probably rate as one of the best bike roads around along with the Blue Ridge Parkway and Sky Line Drive on the eastern side of the country. I was always going to do that route but, sadly, never did.

Most reactions

Back